Who likes Wayne and Wanda?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I actually was surprised when I came here and found they weren't well liked, I've always liked them :smile:. Maybe it is my having grown up on too much Masterpiece Theater :embarrassed:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I thought they were okay. The "messing up the song" gag got stale after awhile, but if they would have applied that to other areas of their life (like how Wayne messes up those melodrama bits in later seasons), it would have stayed funny.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I thought they were okay. The "messing up the song" gag got stale after awhile, but if they would have applied that to other areas of their life (like how Wayne messes up those melodrama bits in later seasons), it would have stayed funny.
Oh I agree..I think what would have been better is if every once in a while they did a song right, they had the talent :smile:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
At first, I wasn't so crazy about them, but they grew on me. And Wayne had some fun appearances in the third season.

Kiki

Reaction score
I actually think those two are really cool! They basically butchered classic songs, and yeah- I can see why people didn't think much of them... I understand the whole running gag of ruining the song began to wear a little thin.

Kiki

Reaction score
Come to think of it... I got to know some of those classic songs such as "paper Moon" and all of them because of the W&W sketches!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think that was more of the point..they may have ruined the songs when they tried to sing them, but they did bring them to us to learn about :smile:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I always found their bits funny, messing up old songs and their physical comedy. My wife on the other hand absolutely hates them. Whenever we watch the DVD's and Wayne & Wanda come on the screen, she's like "Oh no!"

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I like Wayne and Wanda too, not for the singing but for the comedy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to say, a few times I have wished Wayne would get to finish his songs, lol.

I think W&W (along with Sam, would definitely HAD to be there to make it work) were good, I think it would have been interesting if they'd gone further with the gag and done more.