Who needs a Dr. Teeth variant?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Ah, I love Ebay.

As I said above, I was the one that used Buy It Now at 125.00 for an opened Dr Teeth, I was going to open it anyway, so it looked like a good deal.

Well, a few days before that, I had bid on another, but I was subsequently outbid by someone else, thus my using Buy It Now with the above auction. Well, when it came time for the auction to close, Ebay retracted the bid of the person who outbid me (it said administratively withdrawn), so I ended up winning that auction as well, for substantially less (81.00 plus shipping).

Now that I have two Dr Teeth, one which is mint in packaging, what do you all think is a fair asking price? Would it be fair to ask 125.00 to cover the one I bought with Buy It Now, or should I just sell it to make up for the 81.00? Or should I just pack it away and wait for TMS Series 4 or 5 to roll around?

I still remember selling my Simpsons. I had the first 4 or 5 series, sold them all in one set, made about $100.00 in profit, then less than a year later, they virtually tripled in value.......

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Personally, I think $125 is a fair price, because we've seen these close for as high as $167.50 on ebay I believe. It's probably a fair bet that if you can't get anyone here on the forum to buy it from you that price, I'm sure you could resell it on ebay for that much, with a buy it now of $125.00, just like the way you bought it.

Joe

Reaction score
the Dr. Teeths are going to go up, there's no doubt about that. once series two and three are released, new collectors are going to be trying to collect them all and that's gonna drive the prices of the first series up higher. they may not stay that way though, if you hold on to your figure, do wait a while, but don't wait too too long.

right now there are a whole bunch of WW dr teeths on ebay, and as was mentioned, the price of one isn't gonna go up real high if there's another right there for someone else to bid on. :smile:

good luck!

Jackie

Reaction score
Keep the mint one or give it to me!!! LOL!

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
Ah, I love Ebay.

Now that I have two Dr Teeth, one which is mint in packaging, what do you all think is a fair asking price? Would it be fair to ask 125.00 to cover the one I bought with Buy It Now, or should I just sell it to make up for the 81.00? Or should I just pack it away and wait for TMS Series 4 or 5 to roll around?

I'll take the one thats still in the packaging. Or you could give it to Jackie

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Here's something I found interesting today. Jon Gutierrez (sp?), the Toyfare price guide editor, who made an appearance here on the forum, also made an appearance on the Simpsons Collector Sector, asking for advice on prices of the Simpsons figs.

He revealed in his introduction that Toyfare is governing themselves so there is no smack of improriety. Jon said that Toyfare isn't allowed to put any of their figures in the top ten hot list (this I already knew). But what I didn't know was that along with that, they aren't allowed to even put any of the figures that were sold at their conventions (i.e. Philly Dr. Teeth variant) in the top ten hot action figure list, even though they had nothing to do with the production of the exclusive figs at the con. I guess they don't want to be seen as self promoting to sell convention tickets. So you'll probably see Dr. Teeth, Vanishing Cream Beaker and Invisible Fozzie going up in their price guide, but now you know why you'll never see them make the hot list.

Jimbo504

Reaction score
I think I will be taking advantage of that nice $56 one assuming it stays that way. Thanks for looking Louis.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Looks like Dr. Teeth is back on the rise. The last four on ebay have all closed at over $90.00 (which is what the book value is in the newest Toyfare magazine, up from $40.00 last month).