Who owns rights to Great Muppet Caper movie?

sal

Reaction score
Anyone know who owns the rights to "The Great Muppet Caper" movie? There is a cinema in Leicester UK that will show any movie you want (for a fee) and they will screen this movie (I have it on DVD and they can screen DVD's) but obviously they need to pay a royalty to whoever owns the movie rights and they can't find out who that is.

Can anyone help please?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I know it is probably too late for the answer now but I think I have found the answer to your question. On the IMDB website I found the great muppet caper on there and it says the distributor is Columbia Tristar Home Video so I am guessing that they own the rights to the film.

to get to the page go here: http://us.imdb.com/Companies?0082474

I hope I was able to help!

from, Paul :smile:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
sal said:
Anyone know who owns the rights to "The Great Muppet Caper" movie? There is a cinema in Leicester UK that will show any movie you want (for a fee) and they will screen this movie (I have it on DVD and they can screen DVD's) but obviously they need to pay a royalty to whoever owns the movie rights and they can't find out who that is.

Can anyone help please?
I can; the rights are held by The Jim Henson Company.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
I can; the rights are held by The Jim Henson Company.
Yes, them too but I think the rights are the people who produced the videos and dvds of the movie, columbia tristar home video.
Maybe they belong to lots of different companies. :smile: