Who owns the rights to Australian Muppet movies?

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
I know that Columbia Tri Star Films owns MFS, & TMTM. But who owns the rights to TMM, TGMC, TMCC, MTI, The Dark Crystal, and Labyrinth in AUSRALIA????!!!!! :confused:
Any help will be GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Well, Columbia owns Labyrinth, since it's a TriStar film...and MCC and MTI are owned by Disney in all countries, since they co-produced, and distributed, it.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I was going to ask the same questions about The Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal because yesterday I found a stall selling VHS tapes at a shopping centre and they had the Labyrinth and The Dark Cystal and also The Muppet Movie, The pakaging was pretty low quality and it had now copyright info on them or manufacturing info such as columbia tristar or anything like that, so I am guessing they might be pirated copies. I picked up a flyer from the stall and it said they did vhs to dvd conversion and vice versa, and I think they might have got the DVD from the US and made hundreds of VHS copies of them. This isnt the first time I have seen this mob, they were selling each movie for $11.95 but I wouldnt even think about paying that if they are not the official items.

Does anyone know anything about these? :smile: