1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who owns the USA Muppet rights?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Bean Bunny, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Bean Bunny New Member

I have a question. Who owns the rights to air the Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, and Muppet Tonight on USA TV? I know that the Hallmark used to but is that still in affect or have the rights return to Henson? If so, Henson should take the rights to other cable networks such as TV Land, Disney Channel, ABC Family, or Nick.
  2. Luke Active Member

AFAIK those rights remain unsold at the moment and are back with Henson. Not sure if they are offering those right now, or if anybody wants them. I think Henson charge a lot more than some other companies.
  3. Bean Bunny New Member

If I were the Henson Kids, I would try to sale a program package to different cable networks to generate interest. Henson need the Muppets in the public eye and right now since there is no new series, this is the best option. If Henson could get say ABC Family to air the Muppet Show every weekday evening with Muppet Tonight shown on weekend. This could lead to stronger recoginzition and appeal.