Who owns the USA Muppet rights?

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I have a question. Who owns the rights to air the Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, and Muppet Tonight on USA TV? I know that the Hallmark used to but is that still in affect or have the rights return to Henson? If so, Henson should take the rights to other cable networks such as TV Land, Disney Channel, ABC Family, or Nick.

Luke

Reaction score
AFAIK those rights remain unsold at the moment and are back with Henson. Not sure if they are offering those right now, or if anybody wants them. I think Henson charge a lot more than some other companies.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Luke said:
AFAIK those rights remain unsold at the moment and are back with Henson. Not sure if they are offering those right now, or if anybody wants them. I think Henson charge a lot more than some other companies.

If I were the Henson Kids, I would try to sale a program package to different cable networks to generate interest. Henson need the Muppets in the public eye and right now since there is no new series, this is the best option. If Henson could get say ABC Family to air the Muppet Show every weekday evening with Muppet Tonight shown on weekend. This could lead to stronger recoginzition and appeal.