Who performed Betty lou?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I thought Fran Brill performed Betty Lou, but I cant see it on Fran's resume.Who performed Betty and is the character still around or vanished? she was very simular to Praire Dawn.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Lisa Buckley performed her during the 90's, Frank did early first season stuff wtih her and Fran Brill performed her in other things (like "Amigo" and "Let's All Exercise")

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Marilyn Sokol also played her in a few episodes, but Lisa Buckley mainly plays her.

Muppetmonster

armslength

Reaction score
Everything already stated is correct, but thought i'd tie it all together in more of a context.

Betty Lou was mostly done by Frank Oz at first, she wasn't even originally a "character" so much as one variation of the Anything Muppets - and she was pretty much the standard design for a "little girl". Eventually this was used so much that the design got a name - though still not so much of a personality/hook beyond "little girl". For several years after, she was played by any number of performers, often Fran Brill (sometimes Marilyn Sokol if for a musical number) but since Sesame's other "little girl", Prairie Dawn had more of an established personality and a regular performer in Fran, Betty Lou was more window dressing and good for merchandise since the balance between male/female Muppets was pretty grim.

Finally in the '90's there was more a serious effort to help correct decades of female imbalance with new characters like Zoe and Rosita. Betty Lou was given a regular performer with Lisa Buckley and some unique traits to help make her more of an actual character - her love of dolls for instance. But then as Buckley's involvement with Sesame eventually waned, so did the character's presence.