who performed Doglion in the Leslie Ann Warren episode?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was reading about Doglion at the Muppet Wiki site, and in the listing of his various performers, it does not say who performed him in the Beauty and the Beast skit from the Leslie Ann Warren episode. Did he talk in that sketch (I'm assuming that Leslie wasn't just singing to him)? Does anybody know who performed him in that segment?

giovannii

Reaction score
No, Doglion did not talk in the Lesley Ann Warren episode. It was technically a non-vocal musical number (a ballet), not a sketch.

The only spoken part of the number was the announcer introducing Lesley.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
That raises a question:

When full-body muppets had non-speaking apperances in dance routines, would the Muppeteers climb into the suits, or would professional dancers fill the parts. I know Fletcher Bird and Besty Bird were dancers, but the Mutations? Doglion?Rita Moreno's dancing partner? Who Performed them?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Leslie Uggams epsiode credited dancers, but then there are also episodes where variouas full-body monsters dance but don't speak, and no credit for dancers are included. The Julie Andrews epsiode doens't credit dancers (I'm not sure if they were performed by dancers or not). While it has been confirmed that Graham Fletcher performed the dancing pig in the Rudolph Nureya episode, he isn't credited. I also don't think Graham Fletcher was credited in the Diana Ross epsiode, which featured Fletcherbird.

David French

Reaction score
I have a funny feeling that it might depend on which version you are watching (UK or US). The US credits had more crew credited than the UK version so it might be that certain performers are credited in one version but not another. Can anyone confirm this hypothesis of mine?