Who performed Sam in Treasure Island?

rexcrk

Reaction score
CousinLuke said:
He did dub the voice for Sam because he loved performng him in MTI, even though I think it is one of the worst replacements in terms of voice.
LOL! I don't remember it being that bad! But then again, I've only seen it once and can't find the tape I taped it on :rolleyes: :stick_out_tongue:

turlem

Reaction score
CousinLuke said:
Kevin Clash was busy filming Sesame Street (I guess he plays some unimportant red furball on that show) and could not preform any muppets in the movie. He did dub the voice for Sam because he loved performng him in MTI, even though I think it is one of the worst replacements in terms of voice.
i don't think clash is that bad, better than getting rid of him like rowlf

CousinLuke

Reaction score
better than getting rid of him like rowlf
I agree wiith that. I would immagine that someone could do the voice better though. Because of my age, I am used to other "new" voices, for instance, I am used to both Steve and Jim as Kermit. In fact, at one point I liked Steve's Kermit Better than Jim's (but not anymore). I only hope that all the new actors get used to and sound like their new characters quickly.

turlem

Reaction score
CousinLuke said:
I agree wiith that. I would immagine that someone could do the voice better though. Because of my age, I am used to other "new" voices, for instance, I am used to both Steve and Jim as Kermit. In fact, at one point I liked Steve's Kermit Better than Jim's (but not anymore). I only hope that all the new actors get used to and sound like their new characters quickly.

yeah, but jim and steve's kermit are almost identical, it's not a big change, (steve's sounds a little younger),so that wasn't a big deal, at first i disliked Fozzie's new voice(a little too yoda-ish) but at least his character's the same, in fact in the NBC character he was much more like classic fozzie. It's just a matter of dealing w/ it. The nbc movie even had rowlf talk, not much though("hey kermit") the henson people should just accept that his
rowlf's new voice is good enuf and get rowlf back into the swing of things.

Kala

Reaction score
Turlem, when Brian Henson talks about Kevin's accent, he's referring to Kevin Bishop, the boy who played Jim. I believe he said that Kevin's British accent was a bit weaker when he was working with Brian and others with American accents.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The voice is only a small percentage of the performance of a character.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
The voice is only a small percentage of the performance of a character.
It depends what your taste is. I prefer a dead on voice first and actual performance later. That's why I prefer Steve as Statler because the voice is right on. Of course it helps that the performer stay in character and perform the character well.

Of all the replacements and alternatives I like Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Sam, Rowlf, Scooter, and Statler (Steve's not Jerry's. Sorry) the best. Wow, I just realized that almost all of the characters' perfromers have been replaced in some way.

OH! I forgot Beaker. Infact I didn't even know Beaker was performed by Richard and then Steve until I came to these boards. Before then I thought Scooter and Janice were gone because the person who performed them had quit. I know better now, but I was much happier before I knew better.
:frown:

danniam2188

Reaction score
this has probablly been discussed before but i couldnt find it any where... y did Frank Oz leave?