Who played Statler on AFV?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just saw the Muppets on AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos), and was wondering who was performing Statler. Come to think of it, that didn't sound like Dave Goelz performing Waldorf, who did him too?

BEAR

Reaction score
It was probably Jerry Nelson. Nelson has been playing Statler since Jerry passed away. Although, if the episode was taped fairly recently, then it could be Steve Whitmire who played the role in MWoO after Nelson's retirement not long ago.

MWoO

Reaction score
You're info is a bit wrong.

Jerry and Nelson are not too different people. The man's name is Jerry Nelson. He originaly p[ayed Statler in the Muppet Show Sex and Violence pilot. When season 1 of The Muppet Show came along, Jerry was busy for many epsiodes so the role was taken over by Richard Hunt who crated the Statler we all know and love. Sadly, on January 7, 1992 Richard Hunt passed away. Jerry Nelson then came in and took over once more. Once Jerry decided to retire from all things Muppet (but not Sesame Street) the role was passed between Steve and Bill, but Steve won out and is now the one who performs Statler. He is the one that performed Statler on AFV and MWoO and will likely continue for many years to come.

BEAR

Reaction score
Forgive me, I meant to say that Nelson has been performing Statler since RICHARD's death

D'Snowth

Reaction score
THAT WAS STEVE?! Wow, I did not recognize him! He's getting good at voices. Now, who did Waldorf?

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
THAT WAS STEVE?! Wow, I did not recognize him! He's getting good at voices. Now, who did Waldorf?
Dave Goelz

MWoO

Reaction score
Ot was him. He's been the only one to perform Waldorf since Jim Henson's death, except for some guy that performed him in the back ground during the Jim Hensom Tribute special. But that guy never spoke.