Who Remembers This??

dcfboss

Reaction score
they showed a skit last week for the number 3. it was kind of like the pinball, but it was a red ball that traveled along this track, kind of like a roller coaster type thing. then every so often it hit these things and it went "One...Two...Three" Anyone remember?

Splurge

Reaction score
I think I heard something about Frank Oz being involved with this. Or maybe it was Jim Henson. Or both?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, this is a classic SS sketch dedicated to the number 3. The red travels through varying intricate tracks, sets off the spin-motion of three pinlike hooks, rides a rail car until it gets dumped off to the next section, and bounces off of small pieces until landing inside a large crank box. You hear a carnival's flutefare and the child counting to three in the background. The sketch has alternate endings: the red ball gets ground into three handfuls of reddish sand or dust blown away from the child's hand; or it gets turned into three cherries one each for three ice cream sundaes.
Hope this helps.

Hays

Reaction score
I remember those from when I was a kid - I saw the one on this season, too. I think there are more of them, with similar Rube Goldberg-style machines