"Who said that every wish..." - MFC short stories

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Who said that every wish, would be heard and answered, when wished on a morning star..."

Christmas is not here, yet, but for some unexplained reason I woek up in the midle of the night knowing I had to sit down and write a series of short stories of MFC. I guess my brain would not accept that The Newsman was there in the final choir sing. Or that Link had somehow appeared at the farmhouse...Or why Gonzo and the Turkey kept swapping positions during the final song. Well, here they are now, (or shortly) The scenes you didn't see!

Rating: U

Story starts in the next post, or thereabouts...

Effralyo

Reaction score
I already smell the Christmas pudding aroma, Gardik.
*Hanges around mistletoe branches*

BEAR

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Funny...I have the strangest urge to listen to Christmas music all of a sudden... :wink:

-Kim

LOL! I do too. Isn't that strange? Oh man, I wish it was Christmas now.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
....you know, I think I just figured out why I've had Christmas carols stuck in my head lately....

But please note, poor Beau's thread seems to have been muffined before it could even begin. I know a way to rectify that, though: So Beauregard, where are the stories? You said "now (or shortly)" and that was more than three hours ago! <puppy dog eyes> Please, oh please, could you tell us a story, or two or three or several, please?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Story 1 - Wishing for tradition...

Statler and Waldorf buttoned up their winter coats, and stamped into snow boots. It was time to leave. Outside the snow was piling up, and they were loth to leave the cosy fire-place and head into the cold. Statler looked at Waldorf as he tied a scarf firmly around his neck. "Why, Waldorf, hard to believe we're doing this again."

"Every year," Waldorf replied. "Goes faster."

"True, they say if you step outside every Christmas Eve..."

"You'll freeze," Waldorf said, laughing. He shoved his hand into the pockets of his coat.

Statler frowned. "And if you click your fingers, then do the same every year, then..."

"Anyone watching will think you've lost your marbles."

"Waldorf..."

"...Statler?"

Statler shook his head. "I was heading for a punch line."

"Sorry old friend. Speaking of punch..." Waldorf winked. "One more before we head out?"

"Why not, why not."

Waldorf ladeled rum-punch into glasses, and they rested in soft chairs and sipped, watching crackling flames burn bright from the fire.

"Reminds me of old," Waldorf said.

Statler coughed. "Do you remember your childhood?"

"Nope. I find it hard enough to remember my nurse."

"Your nanny?"

Waldor chuckled. "Nope. The nurse who visited yesterday."

Statler blinked. "A nurse came yesterday?" Then he laughed. "Had you on for a second there, Waldorf old man."

"You're a crook!"

"Well, your a bum."

"Don't start that again."

"We should go."

Wind rattled the windows. "Why?" Waldorf asked.

"It's...why it's...I don't know...why? Why! We always go."

"And you know what they say."

"No."

"Neither do I."

Statler scrunched up his face. "You know, do you remember when we first went to the farm house for christmas?"

"Some things you never forget."

"Yeah, like?"

"I don't remeber. Do, ho, ho...erm...sorry, Statler."

"I remeber it clearly."

*^*^*^*

"Merrily, merrily through the snow, chritmas bells are ringing, merrily here we go..."

The voice rang out clear as a bell, and the door bell rang clear as the voice.

Statler got up, grumbling, "More trick or treaters I suppose."

"Well, Statler, we still have a few tricks for them yet."

"Such as?"

"Oh, never mind. Get the door."

Statler opened the door, and saw a small girl bear with flushed rosey cheaks, and bright eyes. "Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!" the bear said. She grabbed Statlers hand and started pumping. "My name is Emily Bear. I'm on holiday here. Is this your house? In this forsaken valley? I could 'bear' to live here. Wocka, wocka!"

Statler opened his mouth, but was interupted by Emily continueing. "I'm on holiday with my uncle. But he decided to hibernate. I'm an explorer. And a carol-singer. A bear-of-all-trades." She pushed the door open and stepped into the front door. "Small bungalow, I must say. Oh, look, where's your tree? Don't you have one? I could 'branch' out and cut one down for you as a winter holiday job, for a moment I was 'stumped' for a pun, and thought I'd have to 'leaf' it at that. Wocka, Wocka!"

Waldorf stepped out of the kitchen with a mug of tea. "Who?" he started.

"No fire? No tree? No decorations?" Emily Bear skipped across the room, and peeked into the kitchen. "Nope, I thought not. No miseltoe." She pecked Waldorf on the cheack. "Old men simply don't know how to look after themselves. You'd better come to my house for christmas."

"What, but..." Statler started.

"But, what..." Waldof finished.

Emily Bear rushed out the door, and ran back with a branch in her hand, green leaves and red berries adorned it. "Gentlemen, it's my 'holly'day with that you join me."

And what could they say to that?

*^*^*^*

"She grew up, of course," Statler said. "And moved here."

"And started child'bear'ing," Waldorf added.

"Yup, and we never missed a christmas, even if we did miss a christmas, do ho ho."

"You know, Statler...I think she had better puns than us."

"Never!"

"Oh yes."

"Oh no!"

"Oh yes!"

Statler stood up. "Come on, we better move, old man. Her Fozzie will be home. We can out-pun them both."

"After all, it's part of the tradition," Waldorf said.

"Yup."

"Statler...?"

"...Waldorf?"

"What was the punch line?"

"Oh, um, every year you click, until at my time of life your..." he started to laugh. "Your clicker is faster than..." he laughed harder. "Than your ticker."

Waldorf frowned. "That's not funny."

"Yes it is. it's was a good punch line."

"Speaking of punch..."

"Oh no, we are leaving now."

"One more glass?"

"Oh, alright," Statler grumbled. They headed back to the sitting room.

Later they arrived, and Emily was at the door waiting. "My two old gentlemen," she smiled. "So nice to see you, but...Watch out for that icey patch."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beau, if you could only see the grin on my face. It's kind of like this :big_grin: but bigger. And female. Oh, what a heartwarming tale! I want to give it a hug. I loved all the punch lines! And speaking of punch... <laughs>

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I was kinda afraid of it actually, because S & W are quite hard to do! Especially at 11:30 at night. But in the end I decided, we've never before seen them in their private homes, they may sound different there anyway.

Xerus

Reaction score
That was a wonderful heart-warming Christmas story, Beau. A fanfic about Waldorf and Statler, who joke with each other, but are dear friends. And Emily Bear's puns were good too. I liked how it connected with the Muppet Family Christmas special. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
EDIT: It is meant to say: "My 'holly'day wish" not "My 'holly'day with." But I guess you guys figured that.