Who Should Appear on "Inside the Actors Studio"?

zns

Reaction score
I'm just asking, but if they wanted to interview some of the Muppeteers on "Inside the Actors Stuido" who should they put on? In my opinion, they should pick:

Carroll Spinney
Kevin Clash
Steve Whitmire
Frank Oz (he used to make cameos in a few movies during the eighties)

These are just my suggestions

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'd say Frank Oz would be a good candidate. But I'm guessing if he were a guest, he would primarily discuss his career as a director. The show certainly doesn't cater exclusively to actors anymore. Billy Joel was a guest. Several film directors were guests. I'm assuming if he were asked to do the show, host James Lipton would probably focus more on his work behind the camera. But ya never know!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I seriously doubt Frank Oz would agree to go on if they talked more about the muppets than his movies. But Death at a Funeral just came out so he has alot of recent things to talk about (The Stepford Wives wasn't that long ago, either, so there's alot to mention).

Carroll Spinney would be really interesting, too. Especially since he was there since the beginning of Sesame Street and it's approaching 40, isn't it? He's probably got alot to say.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really dislike that show, but if any of them were guests, I'd definitely watch. :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I think Dave Goelz should certainly be on as well. Anyone who has worked with Jim for 20 years or more should be there in my opinion as I think they would have the best detailed information, great stories, etc.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The only one they would more then likely have, love him or hate him would be kevin Clash. I mean look at all he has done, he is not just preforming Elmo

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be great if Brian Henson, Frank Oz, Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Kevin Clash, Bill Baretta, Carol Spinney, and Eric Jacobson all made appearances. Somehow I think that the show will be more likely to include an appearance by a Muppet character, as opposed to a performer as himself/ herself. It would be cool if Kermit appeared on the show.

It would also be great if Sonia Manzano, Bob McGrath, Roscoe Orman, or Loretta Long appeared on the show.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Definately Jerry Nelson and Marty Robinson as well, they should do a muppet one and a sesame one..........

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I know these are two very unlikely choices, I mean they're probably not famous enough mainstream (evne if they are not insignificant performers). Anyway If the emphasis should be on "actors", then out of the Muppeteers I'd say Fran Brill and Louise Gold are perhaps worthy of consideration. Because they are both very accomplished actresses. In fact both of them are both very much both actresses who puppeteer AND puppeteers who act. I mean for those two, acting/puppetry puppetry/acting. They've both reached a certain level on both fields.