'Who Wants To Be A Superhero'

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I need to tell my Brother, hes wants to work for Marvel. hes quite good, and actualy already has a super hero he created....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Now, you realize this is for a reality show, right? He has to be the superhero--not submit one he created.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
OK.

So I've been watching this program for the past few weeks now, and I'm liking and hating what I've been seeing at the same time. Don't get me wrong, the show's awesome; there are just a few flaws here and there that I have a problem with as an avid comic book fan.

They've picked some legit strangers to become the next superhero for a comic book published by Dark Horse (I'm disappointed that neither Marvel or DC, my two favorite publishers, aren't involved). However, some of them seem like they just don't want to be a superhero, making ridiculous mistakes in a lot of challenges.

Take the first episode for example, the heroes were given the task to change from their civilian clothes to their costumes and race to this purple archway, which served as the finish line. Simple challenge, right? It would be if you were tested on your speed. But if I hear a little girl crying for help near a fountain, I don't have to have "superhero instincts" to tell me to stop and see what she needs help with. My hat's off to Fat Momma, Lemuria, Major Victory (one of my personal favs), and Cell Phone Girl (a ridiculous idea for a superhero, BTW) for doing the right thing. But I expected better from Feedback or Monkey Woman.

What Stan did with The Iron Enforcer was expected, after seeing how the guy failed all of those challenges and how he represented himself as a "hero". Though Stan really needs to check himself; he says that Enforcer is a superhero that kills, and according to "The Man", superheroes don't ever kill anyone. So has he already forgotten about The Punisher or Wolverine (two heroes that kill people--at least those who are bad)?

A lot of these heroes were in desperate need of elimination. Such as Nitro G, a typical comic book nerd (look who's talking here...lol!) who looks like he could be someone's sidekick instead of a solo superhero; this guy changed from his civilian clothes to his superhero uniform out in the open, when Stan specifically told him to change in a more secret environment. People were actually staring at this character when he was "transforming." LOL!!!!

Speaking of secret identities, one of the challenges tonight was all about maintaing a secret identity. The heroes were asked to go and grab some food from this restaurant near their secret lair, yet there were no cameras in the restaurant to capture their every move. However, there were some hidden cameras that had shown who spilled the beans (no pun intended), and I must say that, like Stan, I was really disappointed over the mistakes that were made. Though my faith in Feedback (a.k.a. Matthew) has been restored, after seeing how he handled the pressure of maintaining his secret identity. But I am truly angered and saddened by Tyveculus, who in last week's episode lied to Stan about his costume makeover, saying that he loved the way it looked and then came back and said he hated it, and then insulted the lovely Lemuria when asked who he would eliminate in the competition.

Fat Momma, a superheroine that has really captured my heart (she reminds me so much of my mom), is my second favorite hero in the competition, and I really hope she makes it through. If not, she's still a superhero in my book.:smile:

Now, putting aside all of the campiness, I just want to say that this show is really awesome, though there are times when I think it's all scripted (the Iron/Dark Enforcer is a clear example, along with Tonya Kay--a.k.a. "Creature"--who you can see on reruns of America's Got Talent, as well as Chris Watters--a.ka. "Major Victory"). I can't wait to see next week's episode and what Stan (and his new creation, The Dark Enforcer) has up his sleeve for our wannabe heroes.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I copied this summary of last night's episode from Wikipedia's site:

As a new day dawned in the lair, the gathered superheroes were introduced to their new arch-nemesis, The Dark Enforcer.

For the day's first challenge, each of the heroes was given $20 and sent to a nearby café to buy lunch. They were told that their lunch choices would be judged for appropiate super-heroness. Feedback suspected a trap but since he saw no cameras he relaxed. Upon their return to the lair, Stan Lee and Dark Enforcer revealed that the true nature of the challenge was not the selection of lunch but whether or not the superheroes would violate the cardinal rule of superheroing, revealing their secret identities. Dark Enforcer showed hidden camera footage of each superhero. All of them but Fat Momma and Feedback revealed their secret identities, and Monkey Woman offered the waiter a number of websites to help break into acting and reality television. Lee announced an elimination and called out Monkey Woman. Lee noted she was the only one of the heroes to reveal her identity without even being asked by the server and asked about the websites. Monkey Woman confessed to being an actress. Lee expressed shock because in her audition Monkey Woman said she was a real estate investor. For failing the challenge and for lying in her audition, Monkey Woman was eliminated.

The next day the superheroes faced a challenge of courage. They gathered at the roof and saw a "damsel in distress" on a neighboring roof. They were told they would have to cross a narrow beam from one roof to the next, guided only by a thin rope, and lead the woman to safety. Each was blindfolded by Dark Enforcer and sent on the beam. Unknown to the superheroes, the beam they walked was actually on the roof and not between the buildings. Each of them successfully navigated the beam and led the woman (actually the twin of the original screaming damsel) back and learned the truth after removing their blindfolds. Feedback in particular told Lee that he was prepared to face any challenge and overcome any obstacle, drawing the special ire of Dark Enforcer.

Since each of the superheroes passed the challenge of courage, Lee gathered them to inform them that they would have to learn of the difficulty he faced in making eliminations by nominating one of the remaining superheroes to be the next eliminated. Creature volunteered to speak first and nominated herself. Each of the other superheroes followed her lead except Ty’veculus and Fat Momma. Ty’Veculus nominated Lemuria, expressing doubts that she had the proper qualities to be a superhero. After initially refusing to name anyone, Fat Momma nominated Feedback, saying that he was so hard on himself after each challenge that for his own safety she thought he should go.

On the roof, Lee called Ty’Veculus and Fat Momma for elimination. He told the heroes that this had been a test of self-sacrifice and that while he could not know the true motives of those who had nominated themselves they had given him the answer he wanted. Lee told Fat Momma that while she failed the challenge, she nominated Feedback out of concern for him and that in her own way she was trying to save him. Ty'Veculus, Lee said, had no such noble motive and so Ty’Veculus was forced to turn in his costume. Many of the other superheroes were tearful as they said goodbye to him.

Back down in the lair, Fat Momma lashed out at the other superheroes, accusing them of being dishonest and manipulative in nominating themselves. In an interview, Fat Momma vowed to see all the other heroes eliminated before her as "payback" for Ty'Veculus.

D

Dil

Christopher Reeve (from Episode 4-18), Lynda Carter (from Episode 4-19), & Adam West (from a TMS FanFic) all played Super-Heroes.

Christopher - Super Man
Lynda - Wonder Woman
Adam - Bat Man

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Dil said:
Christopher Reeve (from Episode 4-18), Lynda Carter (from Episode 4-19), & Adam West (from a TMS FanFic) all played Super-Heroes.

Christopher - Super Man
Lynda - Wonder Woman
Adam - Bat Man

please don't post irrelivent info in threads

this is about a show not Superheros

muppetwriter

Reaction score
If anyone's curious, the contestants on the show all have MySpace accounts, and they'll be happy to accept your friends request.

I already have Lemuria, Major Victory, Fat Momma, Feedback, and Iron/Dark Enforcer on mine. I just sent Enforcer a message a short while ago, and the dude really does kick butt!:smile: