Who WAS This?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My PBS has finally aired a new episode today (I don't know about you guys, but ever since this PBS Kids GO! thing started, their reruns have been out of order. Sesame Street lately has been reruns of the first 10 episodes from season 36 on MWF, then reruns of season 34 YAY! on TU and THU.) Who was the giant red monster with the large jaw who loved to dance? It sounded like either a David Rudman or a Joey Mazzarino character.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi D'Snowth. Are you talking about the monster who showed up in 4091 with a girl named Victoria, talking about dancing?
If so, his name hasn't been said yet, but here's the descript I got from MuppetDude of the character in question.
He looks like a red-orange version of Filfil (from SS's Egypt co-production),
with black/pink mouth, tuft of orange hair on his head, round eyes with eyelids, and fuzzy red-orange beard. The big difference between him and Filfil
is that the orange monster has a yellow oval nose (like Zoe's).

This unnamed character is on my radar for potential addition to the list, just waiting for his name to be revealed.
On a related note, is the girl Victoria who appears with this monster character the same girl from 4083, where Telly learns to catch a ball?
Hope to hear from you soon, and hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the monster I was talking about. I wonder if he's just appearing just that one time, or if he's going to become a new street character. Either way, I can't wait to learn more about him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If this is the same character, he's appeared three times in inserts with kids this season: the one time on 4091 with Victoria talking about dancing, the time in either 4090 or 4092 talking with Antonio, and the bit with Antonio in 4083 where I mistakenly confused this new monster with Herry.
As soon as we get some more info, chiefly his name, you can bet he'll be added to the list.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Yep. Papa Bear talked with Antonio, and the monster was with Victoria.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wonder why Papa Bear's voice has been slightly changed. Anyway, will this "Carina the Ballerina" be a new main street character as well?

Drtooth

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I wonder why Papa Bear's voice has been slightly changed. Anyway, will this "Carina the Ballerina" be a new main street character as well?
I hope not. I really didn't like her all that much, myself.