1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who would you rather have as a pet?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by SSLFan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

Oooh, that's a hard one. Sprocket or Rowlf, but I'm allergic to dogs. ): So I guess I'd have to go with a bird. So I guess Big Bird? He's a little big, but I think we'll get along well.
  2. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

Actually, I would want all The Muppets as pets!!!:)
  3. robodog

robodog Active Member

Rowlf is one of my heroes but I'm not sure he'd appreciate being referred to as a pet. That being said I'd have to go with Sprocket. I just love Sprocket. I was so mad when I got internet access and found out there was a Sprocket plush in the 80s. Yet another toy dog shaped hole in my childhood. Between Fisher Price Rowlfs ( both the plush puppet and plastic stick puppet versions ) Plush Sprocket and those little poseable Pound Puppies my childhood has more holes than a thrift store sweater.
  4. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I agree Rowlf would be more of a friend like Big Bird would have been and all the other muppets.
  5. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I would probably have to go with Animal, he could guard the house while I'm out and while I'm there too xD Plus underneath his EAT DRUMS EAT DRUMS thing, he's cute and cuddly :halo:
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'd love to have Barkley from Sesame Street as a pet, he's so adorable, lol.
  7. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Sprocket! He is awesome!:drool:
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------------------
    Pehaps not "pets" per se...but I'd love a Doozer colony...

-----------------------
  9. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Nah, Rowlf wouldn't make a good "pet" because he won't want to be a pet. He's far too independent to be someone's pet, after all he as he explains in the Muppet movie, he goes to work AND takes himself out for a walk. And honestly, the way you described what you would do with Rowlf, it doesn't sound like he's a pet, it sounds more like he would be a prisoner,;). But NO Rowlf, CAN'T be a pet. I just don't see that.

Rocco would be kind of a nice choice, because he's probably the least messy of all the pet choices, :)
  10. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Yeah he'd be more of a roomate I think.
  11. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

12. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

Cute little Sprockie. Steve Whitmire is so amazing!!

Could I get a pet Fraggle? Or a pet Gonzo and Rizzo? How about Beaker?