1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"WHOAH!" - What Surprised You Today Thread?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Froggy Fool, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is already a thread but - what surprised you today? It can be anything.

I'm surprised that this wasn't already a thread. :p (see what I did there!) :laugh:

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'll just wait till @D'Snowth points it out (I think he's usually the one to step in).

Froggy Fool likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I think the closest thing we have to a thread like this is the "What Scared You Today?" thread, which isn't necessarily the same thing.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  4. Froggy Fool

Good, I was afraid that there was another thread like this, I did a search and it came to nothing. And yeah, scared and surprised aren't the same thing.

5. LittleJerry92

On Facebook, I saw a video recorded of someone's dog taking a poop.

Like.... Why would people even want to record something like this? :confused:

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  6. D'Snowth

Like I said, not too long ago, there was a viral video on Facebook this black guy was recording himself being chased down a sidewalk by a fat, naked white lady.

Why? Just why?

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  7. LittleJerry92

Why do I feel like half the Facebook comments are like "omg dats racist!!!!111!!!!" ?

8. D'Snowth

Steve Whitmire's going to be in my town this summer for another Knoxville Fanboy Expo. Looks like I may attend another con.

AfricAnimalAZ likes this.
  9. LittleJerry92

Honestly if he comes down to NE, I'm not missing the chance.

10. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

That this is from a BBC kids show but then again they were employing Paedophiles at this point in time so yeah just watch

11. Froggy Fool

Oh, wow, lucky! So he still works with the Jim Henson Company, right? Just not Sesame Workshop or Disney?

12. D'Snowth

He's apparently not working at all; from what I've read from the announcement on Facebook earlier today, since he's not working, he's begun going around to cons to meet and chat with fans - I doubt he'll have any of his characters with him (I was told Caroll usually brings Oscar with him, but he didn't last fall). Either way, I'm keeping an eye open as more details are being made available.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  13. LittleJerry92

Dude, that sucks he's been unemployed.

Poor guy really got a harsh treatment.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  14. Froggy Fool

Yeah, that wouldn't make sense because Disney owns all the characters, and I'm 99.9999% sure they won't let him do appearances with them after the debacle last summer.

But you know what would be cool? If Steve had his own Youtube channel where he would make videos, possibly with new characters he has created or just him talking about the days when he was a Muppeteer.

15. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Whether Steve did anything or not he was treated very badly byou the henson children that run the company so it's a real shame he's unemployed

16. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

That I exist.

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  17. LittleJerry92

So I went to McDonald's for lunch today (rare occasion for me because **** their food).

I've wanted to try the fish fillet sandwich for a while just to see how it was.

Honestly, it was.... Actually pretty decent. Typical McDonald's quality, but pretty decent.

I was also surprised that they actually listened and didn't put cheese on it as I asked.

18. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

McDonald's is fast food, and definitely not top quality stuff....and yet they're quite tasty at the same time.

Ok, now that's a first.

19. LittleJerry92

I still will never eat their burgers though. They look nasty....

20. D'Snowth

The problem with McDonald's burgers is they always go overboard with ketchup, which is why I always have to get them without ketchup.

Certain Krystal locations go overboard with mustard, so you have to avoid those specific locations.

Burger King always goes overboard with lettuce on all their sandwiches, so you need to think to get them without lettuce.

Taco Bell tends to go overboard with lettuce on their tacos as well.

Five Guys tends to go overboard with their fries, so it's like you get fries with a side of burger, lol.

I tend to go overboard with my posts sometimes, so I need to stop typing right now.

Candlejack.

Froggy Fool likes this.