Who's going to see Disney's the Princess and the Frog

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, I want to know about Alice from Wonderland too! And since when does Kairi get to be princess? I don't recall ever seeing her royal parents ... but Sora does have that king necklace thing ...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's all very complicated to say the least, lol. I used to love Belle as the perfect example of an independent woman. But now I really get turned off by what I really view as snobbery on her part at the beginning. And she's not quite as open minded as she seemed to think, judging by her first reaction to the Beast, heh.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I never saw her as a snob at first. It was only when I read a review by a guy who griped about how stuck-up she was, thinking guys were just falling all over her, that I started to see another side of her. However, it definitely fits into the larger theme. I bet only Maurice and LeFou are the only non-arrogant people in that whole movie. :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mean, I think Belle is fine for kids and all, I know I was inspired by her that girls could do more with their lives. But now that I'm older, lol, I notice other things.

I mean she tries to explain to the baker about her new book and he's too distracted by his job. She kinda gives his haughty bemused laugh. Sheesh, I mean this guy has a job, he was to WORK for a living! And she's all annoyed that he's too busy to listen to her book? Gee Belle, sorry Daddy couldn't afford to send you to college and you're stuck with us peons, lol. :wisdom:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
In reference to Alice being a Princess in Kingdom Hearts, I think that was meant to be a reference to her purity of heart. Think about this: Ariel, who is a princess, was not a Princess of Heart. I guess it makes sense somehow in the context of the game. (Mainly in that it works to have a Wonderland level in the game. Heheh.)

As for the new princess not having enough on her shoulders, I think that's really hard to determine at this point, unless you all know something I don't. I mean, the movie hasn't come out yet and I know I at least don't know what's going to happen.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Baby Gonzo said:
In reference to Alice being a Princess in Kingdom Hearts, I think that was meant to be a reference to her purity of heart. Think about this: Ariel, who is a princess, was not a Princess of Heart. I guess it makes sense somehow in the context of the game. (Mainly in that it works to have a Wonderland level in the game. Heheh.)
I guess so. Plus, Ariel would just flop all over Hollow Bastion. :cry: :embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Don put ma girl Ariel down like that. She could have a much more effective sliding/swimming motion in KH than the way she got about by short hand-palm hopping in her own game when on dry land surfaces. Besides, she could always use that wicked flippered slapshot of hers. <333

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I adored Kingdom Hearts, included Ariel's chapter, but it was SUPER HARD to get her to move, lol.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey... Don put ma girl Ariel down like that. She could have a much more effective sliding/swimming motion in KH than the way she got about by short hand-palm hopping in her own game when on dry land surfaces. Besides, she could always use that wicked flippered slapshot of hers. <333
Hehe ... point taken.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
And can anyone satisfactorily explain me why Alice was made a Princess of the Heart?
It's just because she has no darkness in heart what so ever. I guess Ariel actually does, :smile:.

As for the Disney Princess, actually some of them have no real clam to being a princess, as mention Mulan has no clam, she wasn't born into it nor did she get married to it. I don't think Belle nor Pocahontas have any real clam to it either.

Another interesting fact is that did you guys know that Giselle from Disney's Echanted was going to be include as a Princess, but Disney realized they would have to pay actress Amy Adams royalties for her likeness and went against that idea.