1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Who's left with the Muppets?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by christyb, Nov 18, 2004.

1. christyb

christyb New Member

I've been reading around and finding out some things that I didn't know. Since so much time has passed with the Muppets (i.e. 50 yrs. ish) and the sale to Disney, which of the orginal performers are still left?? And who plays who now?? If anyone has the answer I'd appreciate it. Also forgive me if this should be somewhere else on the forum.
  2. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

The list will be too long to post here...take a look at www.hensondb.tk there you will find what you are looking for.

But those left of the muppet show core are Dave Golez & Steve Whitmire. Jerry Nelson has retired however he will still be performing The Count on SS. Frank Oz has also more or less retired from the muppets due to his directing jobs, however he still does some characters from time to time.
  3. christyb

christyb New Member

Hey thanks for the info!
  4. Frank Oz will show up on Sesame Street from time to time. I doubt he will ever perform in another muppet production though. All of his characters have new performers who does really well. He might direct and/or produce a movie at some point though. I read somewhere that he wanted to do that with the next theatrical release.