Who's line is it...anyway?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OH! My bad, my bad, I had it wrong! I better go change that at TKGZ.

What's a farce?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
A farce is a comedy, a parody, poking fun.

Trusty Dictionary.com says:
farce

n 1: a comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations [syn: farce comedy, travesty] 2: mixture of ground raw chicken and mushrooms with pistachios and truffles and onions and parsley and lots of butter and bound with eggs [syn: forcemeat]

Well, it's not the latter. :big_grin:

The show's title is a play-on words of course, indicating that it's a comedy show. ^__^

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Yup BEAR, I talked about Colin, up above. Maybe you missed that post. ^_^;
I know you did, but i figured i would just make a full list so that it was all together. thanks.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Not to be rude, BEAR, but your "full list" was that he did something "in Canada". Forgive me for assuming incorrectly that you had skipped my post, when your full list had omitted the information I had provided above, which was more precise than just work "in Canada". I shant make assumptions without being fully aware again.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
A farce is a comedy, a parody, poking fun.

Trusty Dictionary.com says:
farce

n 1: a comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations [syn: farce comedy, travesty] 2: mixture of ground raw chicken and mushrooms with pistachios and truffles and onions and parsley and lots of butter and bound with eggs [syn: forcemeat]

Well, it's not the latter. :big_grin:

The show's title is a play-on words of course, indicating that it's a comedy show. ^__^
A great example of a farce would be the sitcom "Three's Company". A farce is often full of misunderstandings and physical comedy. Remember when they would have scenes on the show with, for example, Jack and Chrissy in the bathroom doing plumming work, and then Mr. Furley comes into the apt. and over hears their words assuming something else is going on (usually sexual) other than the facts. Then this leads to a bunch of comedic moments and stirring of trouble. Farce is a very british style.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yes, awkward moments. I love it when stuff like that happens in sitcoms. I get all ansy and pull my shirt over my eyes! I get nervous wondering how the characters are gonna fix the situation. :embarrassed:

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Not to be rude, BEAR, but your "full list" was that he did something "in Canada". Forgive me for assuming incorrectly that you had skipped my post, when your full list had omitted the information I had provided above, which was more precise than just work "in Canada". I shant make assumptions without being fully aware again.
(Actually, that was a rude post, but anyway...)

I didn't include everything you said about Colin, just what I knew about other than what you already said. And I mean full by just listing them all and jotting down what i know for each of them to make sure it was there. Just the way my mind was organizing today.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, sounds great. Hope you didn't conceive the post as rude, BEAR, as I was asking you to forgive me. I could understand how my words would seem cynical as they were spawned in confusion.
(I also have a thing about how people generalise Canada, it's briefly mentioned in the International Englishes thread. Quite the cool thread.)

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Okay, sounds great. Hope you didn't conceive the post as rude, BEAR, as I was asking you to forgive me. I could understand how my words would seem cynical as they were spawned in confusion.
(I also have a thing about how people generalise Canada, it's briefly mentioned in the International Englishes thread. Quite the cool thread.)
No worries. Just a misunderstanding, I'm sure. I don't beleive we have a history of problems with each other at all, so it was just a dumb little bicker. It happens. It can be hard to read the intonation at times huh. :wink: