Who's The best muppet?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
The "best"?

Kermit is #1, of course. But Gonzo, Rizzo, Fozzie Beaker are close behind.

Out of Sesame Street, Big Bird is my favorite.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Best? That's extremely unfair...there is no "best" Muppet. There are personal favorites and preferances, but those are very different things. The Muppets are not competing, so favorites shouldn't be picked. That's like saying "who's the biggest Muppet fan?" We saw where that landed that guy...

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Unlike Mickey who has undoubtedly become just another Golden arches or sneaker swoosh logo, Kermit stands as a true leader not just some 'mascot'. For the last near 50 years Kermit has been the nexus of the Muppet universe. That said I really dont think there is a 'best' Muppet, as the neat thing is there is no best...there is what ever the individual holds dear as a personal fave. Every Muppet fan has their fave, and that's what makes it special. My fave is of course Beaker, but my Mom's fave is Kermit...my good friend's fav eis Guy Smiley oddly enuff, and I have yet to figure out what my bird's fave is, tho she absolutely adored the Muppets(especially Bear!)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Unlike Mickey who has undoubtedly become just another Golden arches or sneaker swoosh logo, Kermit stands as a true leader not just some 'mascot'.
Yeesh...kinda hard on Mickey there...

wockawocka

Reaction score
Kermit is always going to be the best, but he's not my favorite. My favorite muppet is Fozzie.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yeah, saying a "best" muppet is kind of unfair, but Kermit has been there for SS, the Muppet Show, and almost all the Muppet Movies. He was even in older shows like Sam and Friends. And well, he was the first real muppet that Jim Henson made, and of course Jim Henson started it all. So, I would still have to say that Kermit is the "best" muppet.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Kermit!

And Byron, what has Mickey done for me lately?

Like...in the last 40 years...

Actually, Mickey visited my workplace the other day. It was kinda unnerving, because IN THE SUIT, he was about five feet tall.

It freaked me out. Especially because I was busily working at my workstation, totally absorbed in something or another, and then someone tapped me on the shoulder and it was MICKEY!!!! I very nearly dropped the F-Bomb on him, but I don't talk that way anymore. Much.

So anyway, I say Kermit, for a lot of the same reasons that Cory already outlined. He's more than a mascot, has more personality, and is really the center of everything the Muppets have ever done.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn