Who's The best muppet?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
And Byron, what has Mickey done for me lately?
Well, for you, nothin'...

(but remember, SB wouldn't be possible today were it not for him...)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Cory about Mickey Mouse. He has a bit of charm, but no real personality like Kermit. He has been reduced to a logo/figure head for decades. He's cute though - not as cute as my Kermit - who is the best Muppet. Rowlf hangs a close second followed by Gonzo and Pepe (had to list him because he's moved up so quickly).

Just my thoughts though.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I have to agree with Cory about Mickey Mouse. He has a bit of charm, but no real personality like Kermit. He has been reduced to a logo/figure head for decades. He's cute though - not as cute as my Kermit - who is the best Muppet. Rowlf hangs a close second followed by Gonzo and Pepe (had to list him because he's moved up so quickly).

Just my thoughts though.
Considering Disney ripped off Mickey Mouse from a 14th century Maltese fresco, I'd say he's been a corporate icon for 700 years.
http://www.cinescape.com/0/Editorial.asp?this_cat=News&obj_id=36930&aff_id=0

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Oh, please...Walt freakin' drew Mickey himself, the art thing is so a coincidence (and it doesn't even look exactly like him).

Not sayin' that to you, Cory, but the people behind that story...

And I think Mickey has personality, it was just much more developed in his earlier years. Is Kermit more of a personality? Of course, it's just that I automatcially get defensive when people get near a path of dissin' Disney, lol. :wink:

:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That is so funny. Walt was a starving artist. I don't think he knew much of 700 year old art in Australia of all places. Mickey is a modified version of his Oswald the rabbit character that was stolen from him when he was fired from an advertising job.

Rachel

Reaction score
All the muppets are the "best". :smile:

But as far as favourites go I'd have to say Kermit was mine.

And I also agree about Mickey Mouse. I love the old black and white Mickey shorts but otherwise I find Mickey kinda dull most of the time.

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Kermit is to Mario (both leaders)

as

Mickey is to The San Diego Chicken (both mascots)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by SgtPepper
Kermit is to Mario (both leaders)

as

Mickey is to The San Diego Chicken (both mascots)
Mario as in Super Mario? I think I'd have to diagree there pallie.

Mario, since the days where he had a definite face with facial features, has been the Nintendo mascot. The only lines people remember are the very few that he says in games. And personality? I don't think so. Now, as a cartoon trader and collector, I know about the Nintendo cartoons. Any full series collector (such as my self) worth his salt knows Super Mario World and Super Mario Brothers 3, as well as Captain N and the Legend of Zelda's toon runs. The only problem is, no common person remembers these shows, and if they do, its a vague memory at best. Most know Mario as a face, or just a character in a game. But one things for sure, Mario is synonymous with Nintendo. Thus, I personally label him a Mascot rather than a leader.

Now as for Mickey, as much as it kills me, I have to agree with him just being a face now-a-days. Byron, you know very well I love Disney, but really its true. He hasn't done anything impactful and character-worthy in a very, very long time.

-Matt

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Yeah... I guess youre right... mario is a weeney (how on earth can I not know how to spell that)

Maybe I should compare Kermit to... umm... Jerry Garcia maybe that works... he's a leader... even thogh he's dead.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by SgtPepper
Yeah... I guess youre right... mario is a weeney (how on earth can I not know how to spell that)

Maybe I should compare Kermit to... umm... Jerry Garcia maybe that works... he's a leader... even thogh he's dead.
Weeny..weeney...eh, I dunno...Byron, research that for me will ya? :big_grin: :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Well, in ways Jerry and Kermit were very much alike, but I think in the context of this thread they are a bit different. But, I think that analogy works for me. :smile: As a closing note, remember this my friend:

"A true leader guides even after his death."

-Matt