1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who's the best singer out of the Henson Muppeteers?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by vettech28, Sep 14, 2011.

1. vettech28 Active Member

We all know that most, if not, all of the Henson performers are fantastic singers, but who do you think has the best singing voice out of all the muppeteers? You can rank them in order from best to worst or if you don't think any of the performers are bad singers, just pick your favorites.
    Here's my list:
    Jerry Nelson
    Richard Hunt
    Steve Whitmire
    Kevin Clash
    Dave Goelz
    Fran Brill
    Jim Henson
    Frank Oz
    Marilyn Sokol (even though she wasn't a muppeteer)
    Kathy Mullen
    Karen Prell
    David Rudman
    Noel MacNeal
  2. Fersureitsjess Active Member

Richard Hunt
    Jerry Nelson
    Steve Whitmire
    Kathy Mullen
    Dave Goelz
  3. Collgoff Well-Known Member

Well I think everybody who is a muppeteers is a good singer,
  4. vettech28 Active Member

Good point. It's always amazing that whenever they sing, their harmonies always sound perfect. I forgot to list Louise Gold in my list by the way, she's a fantastic singer!
  5. Dearth Active Member

Yeah, I have to agree. As far as the male Muppet performers go, Jerry and Richard were the ones that popped to mind as 1st and 2nd.

And Louis Gold has an AMAZING voice. She's easily the top female Muppeteer singer in my estimation.

Did you see the memorial service for Jim, when she sang "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables? Absolutely beautiful.

Of course, I love that song anyway. My nephew played Jean Valjean a couple of years ago, and his rendition of it was spellbinding.

Alex
  6. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I immediately answeres "Jerry!" in my head when I saw this. he has such a range of character voices and emotions. My second thought was "Frank as Miss Piggy" -- but I think that was a joke.

Bea:zany:{Even I can't tell when I'm joking...}regard
  7. Skekayuk Member

Well I always think there are three who really stand out:

Louise Gold (fantastic singer, she just HAS to come top of my list)
    Jerry Nelson (One of the very few people to have parterned Louise in duets and actually been a great vocal match for her)
    Richard Hunt

However a few others can be jolly good:
    Steve Whitmire
    Kathy Mullen
    Jim Henson (at least when singing as Kermit)
    Dave Goelz (not one of the greatest vocally, however as Gonzo in particular he can be quite a moving singer emotionally)
  8. Skekayuk Member

I would actually go as far as to say it was my admiration for Louise Gold's amazing singing, particularly her lovely big vibrato belt (particularly well illustrated on such Sesame Street numbers as 'I Get A Kick Out Of U' and 'Anyone's Nose', as well as on TMS's 'Bluefish Blues', that in a way grabbed my attention and made me be a Muppet fan.
    She's my favourite Muppeteer anyway, but that is mainly because of her wonderful singing voice. She is also my favourite Musical Theatre performer.
    (If you want to know about her diverse career check out: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Start.htm ).
  9. shinycelebi225 Active Member

i go for Richie 'cause he's awesome!
  10. JJandJanice Active Member

I have to go with Beau, Jerry Nelson had an amazing voice.

Though, Louise Gold and Richard Hunt also deserve an honorable mention.
  11. shinycelebi225 Active Member

:D