1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Who's watching the solar eclipse tomorrow?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pig's Laundry, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the first total eclipse of the sun in the US since 1979! So excited! Everybody in the country should be able to see it (although, some better then others). There won't be another one until like 2024, so put on those glasses and let's party like it's 1979! Whoooo!!!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Eclipse party checklist:
    1. Eyeball cooker repellent glasses
    2. Baked potatoes
    3. An eclipse music playlist
    4. Playing cards
    5. A gallon of strawberry moonshine
    6. Your best friend
    7. Hot dogs
    8. Hamburgers
    9. Muffins. You can't have a party without muffins.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    MikaelaMuppet and MuppetsRule like this.
  3. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Does anybody here know anybody that is blind as a result of looking at an eclipse?

4. Pig's Laundry

[​IMG]

True story.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I tried to get some eclipse glasses at my local library, but they were apparently out, so I made a pinhole camera out of a cereal box. Hopefully it works out and I'll be able to see it without frying my eyeballs. :)

6. Pig's Laundry

Yup, I made one of those today too, let's pray for each other.

Meanwhile, you and @MuppetsRule have joined the party, what are bringing from the checklist? I HOPE IT'S MUFFINS.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but it looks like my area is right on the cusp of like 90 to 100%.

Nevertheless, of course I'm going to be watching this.

I'll bring the playing cards. What do you guys want? Bicycle? Bee? Hoyle? Maverick? Aviator?

8. Pig's Laundry

Aviators? Bees? Bikes? I have all of those things in my basement! But, what do those things have to do with cards??? :confused:

9. D'Snowth

They're all playing card brands. :p

10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

11. Pig's Laundry

;). Yeah, I know i'm just messin' with you.

12. D'Snowth

Remember that RECESS episode where Gretchen wanted to see the eclipse? I tried posting some clips from that on YouTube in honor of the actual clips, and seriously, Disney nuked it for copyright the second it finished uploading.

13. Pig's Laundry

Well, that's it, it's about to happen. The world's gonna end today. It's been nice knowing you guys.

14. Pig's Laundry

They probably have something programed to delete videos automatically whenever one of their property's names is mentioned in the title. I mean, it would make sense, Disney makes Youtube a lot of money and vice-versa.

15. D'Snowth

I just looked into it, and it turns out, my area is not in the 100% total eclipse range. So, bummer on that, but we're still pretty darn close, so who knows how dark it'll get.

16. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Yikes. Pretty much the same thing happened to me when somebody wanted me to upload a Flintstones episode two years ago, and it got blocked and taken down by Warner Bros. literally once it was all processed.

I'm gonna try to get a glimpse of the eclipse, but it's pretty cloudy and a little rainy in my area, so I hope it clears up before it's supposed to happen in over an hour.

17. Pig's Laundry

We're somewhere within the 75-80% range over here. Hopefully it'll still be noticeable.

How do you guys plan on watching? I've decided not to watch it with a cereal box and instead put my phone on selfie mode, so I can watch it that way.

18. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I'll be watching, fer sher! We're in the 80% area, and it's sunny out right now, so hopefully it'll get pretty dark. Luckily, my dad was able to get a pair of those special glasses (that was included with book that's all about the eclipse) before they sold out. He said it was the last one left!
    We don't have any of those, but we DO have portable lawn chairs if anybody needs 'em.

19. D'Snowth

It's currently 1:02 local time, the eclipse is supposed to begin in my area in two minutes, but we've got some teasing going on right now: a few big cumulus clouds are passing through, so that's kind of throwing things off, lol.

I've got my camera set up to film it and I'll time lapse it later to put on YouTube, since the entire eclipse is supposed to last nearly three hours.

20. D'Snowth

Ugh! More passing clouds!