Who's your favorite Disney princess?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really depends on which Disney Princess we're talking about. Like with Belle, I'm sorry I just have so many problems with her, lol. Yeah maybe she didn't like traditionalism, but she's still the most beautiful girl in town and I didn't see her trying to seem otherwise. I mean I get it, it's Beauty & the Beast, lol. But by introducing the whole "I want more" cliché, they were trying to have it both ways. It's hard for me to empathize with poor Belle who "wants more" when she's the prettiest girl in town that the prettiest man in town is pining for, lol. If they had been daring and made her more of a book nerd or something, I'd be more impressed.
Ah, Beauty and the Beast... the Disney movie where everyone's a jerk.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Leia's got as much a chance being a Disney Princess as... uh... I can't remember what Princesses if any exist in the Marvel universe. Or Miss Piggy, for that matter. Separate Brands.

Now if there's ONE Disney Princess I really like, it's Princess Mira Nova from the Buzz Lightyear series. Too bad Disney refuses to recognize anything from a TV show (can't imagine why). She does fit the "wanting something more than the overly safe, secure and dull royal life" mold, but the best part is, she already did that before the show started, introducing her as a Space Ranger first. Still has to deal with her father though. And quite honestly, she's much more relatable than the other Princesses. She has pretty glaring character flaws that make her an interesting character.

Sigh... too bad Disney pretty much tosses BLOSC to the side. That was a surprisingly brilliant series.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember on a Twitter post, Cree Summer was bummed that Princess Kida from Atlantis wasn't considered a Disney Princess. And I like Princess Kida too.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I think now that Merida is a Disney Princess and that she is from a Pixar movie they have bent their rules a little and Mulan being a Disney princess confuses me as she is not a princess nor does she marry a prince.... The princess from Atlantis would make a lot of sense though...we should start a campaign to get her in....for that matter if Sally from Night Before Christmas marries the Pumpkin King (which she does according to the epilogue on the soundtrack) then would she qualify as a princess as well. Sorry I'm having a little too much fun with this topic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember on a Twitter post, Cree Summer was bummed that Princess Kida from Atlantis wasn't considered a Disney Princess. And I like Princess Kida too.
Disney loves to pretend Atlantis doesn't exist. Even ENG got a TV show. Atlantis would have been a TV show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Can't quite decide which princess I like the best. As far as movies go, I like Snow White and Beauty and the Beast best (though I've started liking Beauty and the Beast a lot more in the past few years, but have liked Snow White since I first saw it). Going by physical appearances, I like Jasmine and maybe Belle the best. I kinda wanted to say Ariel, but that's just because she primarily wore a bikini (well, in her mermaid form), but there's a lot of animated women who wore revealing outfits that I like a lot better.

I feel like Sleeping Beauty is a bit of an underrated Disney classic. I didn't see that one much growing up. I also didn't see Cinderella much, but saw it a bit more and that seems to be a lot better known. I keep forgetting Sleeping Beauty's actual name is Aurora. In fact there was a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory where the girls went to Disneyland and got to dress as Disney Princesses. Penny dressed as Aurora, and my mom didn't know who she was at first.

I haven't seen Rupunzel or The Princess and the Frog (or Atlantis). But you know, when it comes to animated adaptations of fairy tales I usually associate the Disney versions with the stories. But since Rupunzel is so recent whenever I think of that character I think more of the version from a Rocky and Bullwinkle "Fractured Fairy Tale". Grew up with that one. And on a slightly off-topic note if Disney ever does an animated Little Red Riding Hood movie I'll probably still associate Red Riding Hood with either the MGM Red Hot Riding Hood or the one from Warner Bros.'s Little Red Riding Rabbit.

And wait a minute, where's that princess from The Black Cauldron? Then again, I can't remember her name, only saw that movie twice, and probably wouldn't vote for her anyway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And wait a minute, where's that princess from The Black Cauldron? Then again, I can't remember her name, only saw that movie twice, and probably wouldn't vote for her anyway.

You kiddin'? The only thing Disney pretends didn't exist more than Atlantis and NEG combined is Black Cauldron.

Come to think of it, is Nala considered a princess or queen? If Princess, I guess they ignore her because they can't shove her into pretty dresses that weren't in the movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You kiddin'? The only thing Disney pretends didn't exist more than Atlantis and NEG combined is Black Cauldron.
Yes I was kidding.

Drtooth said:
Come to think of it, is Nala considered a princess or queen? If Princess, I guess they ignore her because they can't shove her into pretty dresses that weren't in the movie.

Well she's definitely a queen. In The Lion King they never said that a princess could only marry a prince (or vice versa), and they never said she was related to Simba (considering they get married later I guess Disney wouldn't want to promote that kind of thing).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few things...

1 The princess from the Black Cauldron is named Elonwi.
2 If we go by TNBC's soundtrack, Track #19: Closing, then Sally would be considered the "Pumpkin Queen" which trumps princess status.
3 Atlantis would have definitely been a TV series, especially since that sequel movie should have been chopped up into a three-part pilot.
4 Is there any Spanish Disney princess? I'm asking because I think a clever merch tie-in would be to do a pin-of-the-month or 12-figure Vinylmation case with one princess representing each of the nations from EPCOT's World Showcase. So far I've got:
Canada: Belle,
China: Mulan,
France: Esmeralda,
Germany: Snow White,
Italy: Cinderella (story origin),
Japan: Kairi,
Mexico: ?
Morroco: Jazmin,
Norway: Ariel,
United Kingdom: Alice,
United States: Tiana.
Yeah, Esmeralda's not a princess, but for all the promotional hype that movie received. But if there are better candidates for France and/or Italy I'd be interested. Oh, and Tinker Bell would be the twelfth member. C'mon, she's in every single Disney pack merchandising item. I defy anyone to find a general-themed pin set of five or more that doesn't include the pixy.
BTW: Drtooth, got some off-topic questions, hit me on PM.

5 At the guy who keeps posting spam here...
:sing:
Be a jerk, be a jerk.
Let your comments go berserk.
Say that one person is a butthead.
Then just criticize all our work.