Who's Your Favorite/Least Favorite TMS Character?

Drtooth

Reaction score
My least favorite Muppets ever though are Randy and Andy Pig, I just thought they were so dumb and annoying, and they were dumb in that loveable funny way like Homer Simpson is, they were like I want to reach my hand out and slap them dumb. Those are Muppet characters I don't mess at all.

I once posted something where I equated Andy and Randy to 3rd/4th season on Bebop and Rocksteady. They basically stood around doing tired dumb jokes instead of actually becoming characters. I think Andy and Randy only had one good performance, the episode with John Goodman. Or as I like to call it, the one where they actually do something important, and the plot focuses on them.

I really think MT brought a lot of unlikeable characters, like Mr. Poodlepants, Spamala Hamderson, and the like. Flat, one note characters that have nothing to do except make a couple jokes. And not even funny or memorable ones. I think characters like Johnny Fiama, Sal, Pepe, Bobo and VanNeuter were the ones that survived the show's cancellation for a reason. They were explored and shown as characters, they made long lasting jokes, and they were lovable.... not only to the audience, but the puppeteers.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Favourite: Kermit!:smile:

Least Favourite: Well I have to list a few :smirk:.....

Beuraguard

Sally-sue

Fozzie

*lets anger out*

ahhhhhh much better!:big_grin:

Nick22

Reaction score
Favourite: Kermit!:smile:

Least Favourite: Well I have to list a few :smirk:.....

Beuraguard

Sally-sue

Fozzie

*lets anger out*

ahhhhhh much better!:big_grin:
You don't like Beau or Fozzie? And who the **** is Sally Sue? Do you mean Annie Sue?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always disliked underdeveloped characters like Annie Sue. Seems like a lot of these characters would have been something had the writers and puppeteers explored them a little more. But then of course, the case of Fleet Scribbler.... one where the writers tired of a character quickly, after all the publicity they gave him...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Gonzo is, of course, my favorite of The Muppet Show characters. He has been since I was a little kid and that's not changing anytime soon. Close in the running behind him, though, are Floyd, Fozzie, Scooter, and Dr. Teeth.

As for least favorite... well, like most, I really don't have any characters that I don't like. I always liked all the characters because all of the performers were so good with them. But I guess like Jamie I'm not a huge fan of underdeveloped characters like Miss Mousey who just randomly gets tossed in for a musical number in a tea cup. *shrug*

I used to despise Link Hogthrob, Beaker, and Animal... Link because I thought he was just a total idiot, Beaker because I was getting annoyed by him, and Animal because I was tired of his over-exposure (and people complain about Pepe... pft...). But I've since overcome that and have grown to adore all three of them--especially Link. He's become one of my favorites, and Beaker's "Ode to Joy" and Animal's bunny tapes on Muppets.com (along with other great performances) have swayed me to their side.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think that part of the problem with Annie Sue and Miss Mousey are that they are one note characters that weren't really developed much past being an unknowing foil for Miss Piggy. For Annie Sue, it's a huge shame because she was perhaps Louise Gold's most prominent character. I think she deserved something much more.

By the way, it's not that I don't like Annie Sue, though I agree that she needed more development and that she wasn't a strong character overall. Between her non-existent personality and strange fashion Miss Mousey suffers much worse.

Fluffets

Reaction score
You don't like Beau or Fozzie? And who the **** is Sally Sue? Do you mean Annie Sue?
****, WHOOPS! :smile: Yes I do. I guess I have to like Fozzie just that tiny bit though, of course, I mean who doesen't like him? But I found Beu had a small role at basically being a bumbling idiot, from what I've seen from my season 3 dvd set.:smirk:

Fluffets

Reaction score
Since this PC isn't good with loading things I can't edit my previou post so when I said "yes I do" I meant that I meant Annie Sue.:big_grin: