Who's your favorite Muppet?

G-MAN

Reaction score
Anyone that has voiced in the last three theactrical movies, past and present characters, and the rest, i can't choose between them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Basically I like everyone except for Little Murray Sparkles, Elizabeth, the girls of monster Clubhouse, and the new pigs from MT...

but If I have to pick one favorite, I'll go with :big_grin:

teebs

Reaction score
:sing: I absolutely love Floyd. He's too hip for his own good, and he knows it. He's so sweet to Janice, and they make such a cute couple. And he's always cracking the funniest jokes. I love him in the Dudley Moore episode of The Muppet Show when he gets mad at Kermit and stands up for the band. He's also great in the Pearl Bailey episode...

-teebs

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
teebs said:
:sing: I absolutely love Floyd. He's too hip for his own good, and he knows it. He's so sweet to Janice, and they make such a cute couple. And he's always cracking the funniest jokes. I love him in the Dudley Moore episode of The Muppet Show when he gets mad at Kermit and stands up for the band. He's also great in the Pearl Bailey episode...

-teebs
Right on. I'll just quote this because I agree with everything. Except for the part about the Pearl Bailey episode. I'm sure he's lovely in that, but I haven't seen it. Plus I'm too tired to write an essay on why I love Floyd. Well, maybe I'll add something. I love his version of While my Guitar Gently Weeps, and listen to it practically everyday.
:sing: :flirt:

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
My favourite's always been Beaker! He's really sweet - what with his way of talking and the way he has to put up with everything Bunsen throws at him! Also, I reckon there's a strong possibility that he's the more intelligent of the two.
Oh, and it's just so cute when he gives Scrooge his scarf at the end of MCC!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Scooter is, has been and always will be my favorite Muppet of all time. Lately I've also developed a fondness for the Wild Impresario from the Ghost of Faffner Hall series.

-Kim
And now for the whys, which I neglected to put down in my first post.

I like Scooter because he seems to operate on a level that's between the "stars" (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, etc) and the background characters. He's always struck me as being a bit removed from the insanity, only partaking in it occasionally. For the most part he also seems comfortable with his position at the theatre; sure he's the owner's nephew, but why doesn't he try for something bigger than go-fer? It's because, I think, he doesn't have to. He's got nothing to prove.

The Wild Impresario...well, he certainly lives up to his name. It shows in his attitude, his passion for music and his wardrobe just to name a few things. Jerry said in an interview on MuppetCentral that Richard was "exuberance gone mad"; the Wild Imp strikes me as being the exact same way.

-Kim

G-MAN

Reaction score
Why do I love the muppets that I love? It's simple, I find them very hilarious, and I just can't decide between them all

doddiz

Reaction score
Of course everywone! Why: Becouse theyr´e hilarious! :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'll limit myself to TMS characters, since it's just way to hard for me to pick a favorite Sesame Street character (though Cookie Monster, Ernie, and Grover all all up there on the list).

As for Muppet Show muppets, I've always had two answers for this. Kermit is the one I would most like to be, for all the reasons other people have mentioned. He's the heart and soul of the Muppets, to many people, and he's just got it all. Fozzie Bear, however, is the one I most relate to (well, especially the me in high school and parts of college). All he wants to do is be funny, and he tries so hard. He's got such vulnerability and insecurity, but he's such a sweet guy at heart. What a great bear!

:smile: :embarrassed:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
There are so many I could name, but here are just a few(in no particluar order:

1. Ernie & Bert(I have to count them as one, since you rarely see one without the other). Their sketches on Sesame Street were always a highlight for me. I could write a whole post on my favorite Ernie and Bert Sketches.

2. Statler & Waldorf(I seem to have a thing for duos). Their bits were often the funniest parts of the Muppet Show.

3. Grover. The waiter skits rank up there with Ernie and Bert sketches. Not to mention his bits with Kermit(HEEYYY FROGGY BABY!!!).

4. Oscar The Grouch. Who didn't laugh at Oscar's pratical jokes on the residents of Sesame Street?

5. Kermit The Frog. Need I say more?

These are just a few I could name.