1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Who's your favorite Muppeteer?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Aaron, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

I Like Steve Whitmire
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Probably Jim. No matter what character he performed, he always brought something special to it.
  3. froggiegirl18

froggiegirl18 New Member

That is hard question because they all do a terrific job of making their characters come alive and there is so much they obvioulsy have to keep in mind when performing their characters but personally it is a tie between Brian Henson and Steve Whitmire....Brian's characters are so diverse in voice I had a tough time figuring out that was Brian especially when he played Hoggle in Labyrinth...and Steve's rabbit in Kermit's swamp years was out of this world...when I read on the credits that was him, I could not believe it. From reading many bio's about him being a little scared in doing character voices(as all of us would be in that performing on television is a whole different story than just performing puppet shows for a group of friends)he is doing an Awesome job as are many of the puppet peformers. The puppeteers are out of this world acters/actresses and you can see their hard work in all of their performances.
    -Sandee-
    ps: Shout out to Steve...who says people in the south can't do puppetry...Georgian's Rock!!
  4. jediX

jediX Active Member

It's impossible to pick one from the vast collection of talent, but if I HAD TO, it would obviously be Jim, hands down no questions asked. He can never be replaced. Of the alive performers, it's next to impossible to pick "the best" or a favorite, but I do have favorite characters. Frank, Brian, Jerry, Dave, Bill, ...the list goes on and on. My least fave? Eric Jacobson; he slaughters Sam and Animal's voices. I just don't dig that. :attitude:
  5. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

eric dosen't do sam kevin clash dose
  6. jediX

jediX Active Member

Clash is Sam now? Crazy...I heard it was Eric.
  7. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

you'd think so
  8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Dead? Jim Henson, obviously.

Living? TOUGH CHOICE MAN!!! NOT FAIR!! Though, I think I'd like to party with Jerry Nelson!
  9. jediX

jediX Active Member

Well whoever is doing it... I just don't like the revoices. Its taken me years to accept Steve's Kermit. The only revoices that are accurate enough (off the top of my mind) are Rowlf (VERY nice) and Beaker. Sweetums is pretty close too.
  10. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

No doubt about it, 100%, hands down, living or dead, my favorite Muppeteer is Richard Hunt. No matter who is performing, be it Scooter, Statler, Sweetums, Junior Gorg or the Wild Impresario to name a few, you can tell that he is having a heckuva lot of fun doing it. In pretty much every picture on this site that Richard is in he has a big smile on his face. Even though he isn't with us anymore, I think I've gotten a good feel for Richard's personality by reading the tributes to him on this site as well as the memories and information on Emmy's tribute site to him. Not only was Richard a great Muppeteer, but he was also a great performer, human and friend.

-Kim
  11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

well everyone i look up to is dead so my favort ones would have to be Jim and Richard. They had so much talent and are truly truly missed i cry alot now my heart breaks over the death of these two fine people. Say what you want to about Richard with the way he died but he was a good muppeter and Jim frome what i have seen and read was just a very very sweet man. if i could just have just a little bit of these two fine mens personality i would be a much better man. They loved what they where doing . Wow when i think of that i think man im in the wrong place. i would love to die with a muppet in my hands i love these tow guys and God rest there souls. :) :boo: ;)
  12. jediX

jediX Active Member

I wouldn't be who I am without any of them. I owe them all a lot for that.
  13. Sidebottom

Sidebottom Member

Fra-- No, wait. Je-- No, wait. Ri--

Actually, you know what. I can't decide.

-Sidebottom
  14. Fighbird

Fighbird New Member

This one is easy for me, at least: Frank Oz.

I won't say he's better than any of the others, because the others are also great, too, but there is something especially magical about the way, he brings his characters to life.
  15. teebs

teebs New Member

Wouldn't that be great?

Jerry Nelson is my favorite! :sing:
    But the rest all come in at a close second.

-teebs
  16. I used to not have one, but now, probably Richard.
  17. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

why now
  18. Well, I'm just realizin' what a cool, goofy, energetic guy he was.

And he did Janice.

:flirt:
  19. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

My favorite Muppeteers..

Jim Henson
    Frank Oz
    Caroll Spinney
    Jerry Nelson
    Dave Goelz
  20. I love all the Muppeteers for every little thing they bring to the entire Muppet family, but I'd have to say that I have a special appreciation for Frank Oz. Reading on the Henson site about how detailed he got with creating his characters' histories, like/dislikes... and the like... inspired me a lot.

As an innovator and inspiration overall, however, I say Jim impacted me the most... obviously, huh? :p