Who's your favorite Muppeteer?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Probably Jim. No matter what character he performed, he always brought something special to it.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
That is hard question because they all do a terrific job of making their characters come alive and there is so much they obvioulsy have to keep in mind when performing their characters but personally it is a tie between Brian Henson and Steve Whitmire....Brian's characters are so diverse in voice I had a tough time figuring out that was Brian especially when he played Hoggle in Labyrinth...and Steve's rabbit in Kermit's swamp years was out of this world...when I read on the credits that was him, I could not believe it. From reading many bio's about him being a little scared in doing character voices(as all of us would be in that performing on television is a whole different story than just performing puppet shows for a group of friends)he is doing an Awesome job as are many of the puppet peformers. The puppeteers are out of this world acters/actresses and you can see their hard work in all of their performances.
-Sandee-
ps: Shout out to Steve...who says people in the south can't do puppetry...Georgian's Rock!!

jediX

Reaction score
It's impossible to pick one from the vast collection of talent, but if I HAD TO, it would obviously be Jim, hands down no questions asked. He can never be replaced. Of the alive performers, it's next to impossible to pick "the best" or a favorite, but I do have favorite characters. Frank, Brian, Jerry, Dave, Bill, ...the list goes on and on. My least fave? Eric Jacobson; he slaughters Sam and Animal's voices. I just don't dig that. :attitude:

Aaron

Reaction score
eric dosen't do sam kevin clash dose

jediX

Reaction score
Clash is Sam now? Crazy...I heard it was Eric.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Dead? Jim Henson, obviously.

Living? TOUGH CHOICE MAN!!! NOT FAIR!! Though, I think I'd like to party with Jerry Nelson!

jediX

Reaction score
Well whoever is doing it... I just don't like the revoices. Its taken me years to accept Steve's Kermit. The only revoices that are accurate enough (off the top of my mind) are Rowlf (VERY nice) and Beaker. Sweetums is pretty close too.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
No doubt about it, 100%, hands down, living or dead, my favorite Muppeteer is Richard Hunt. No matter who is performing, be it Scooter, Statler, Sweetums, Junior Gorg or the Wild Impresario to name a few, you can tell that he is having a heckuva lot of fun doing it. In pretty much every picture on this site that Richard is in he has a big smile on his face. Even though he isn't with us anymore, I think I've gotten a good feel for Richard's personality by reading the tributes to him on this site as well as the memories and information on Emmy's tribute site to him. Not only was Richard a great Muppeteer, but he was also a great performer, human and friend.

-Kim