1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Whose autograph do you have?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by travellingpat, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Pics of my autographs listed above..
    [​IMG]

2. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HOW?! How did you acquire these? Was it in person or through the mail? That's an amazing collection!

WalterLinz and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. Muppetlab

Thanks Galagr :)
    I didnt realise how many i had until i layed them all out!
    Ive not been lucky enough to get any in person.

They are a mixture of replies to letters, the odd ebay purchase, and people who have worked with the performers getting them for me.

4. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

No problem, it really is an impressive collection! :) I'm with you, I've never met any of the Muppeteers either. Shoot, your lucky to know people who have worked with them! I have, however, been lucky enough to hear back from Bill Barretta (as you probably already saw).

Do you by chance remember the addresses in which received replies from them? I'd love to add more to my collection!

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Galagr how did you get Bills autographs cause i am soooo jealous of the Johnny Fiama one!! I want one lol.

And i would also like addresses if that's ok

6. limey

limey New Member

I have been collecting Muppet/Henson autographs for a number of years. Like most people on this forum a have always been a big fan of past and present Muppeteers, writers, designers, builders etc. I have signatures on various items such as photos, books, posters, cards and letters. I think my favourite items would have to be a Jim Henson signed copy of "Of Muppets and Men" and a copy of Jim Henson: The Works that was given to Jon Stone and signed/dedicated by various people from Sesame St. I am not sure how to add photos to this message, but if anyone is interested and can briefly explain how, I will try to post some examples.

7. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

A 2 PAGE LETTER FROM FRIGGIN STEVE WHITMIRE?????? WHAT? WHY? HOW? GIVE ME THE ADDRESS PLEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEE

JimAndFrank likes this.
  8. WemblinFool18

In the way of Muppeteers, I have Caroll Spinney's (and Oscar and Big Bird's) autograph with a cute little doodle. But that's it for Muppets.

I also have a Rock Sugar CD signed by members Alex Track, Chuck Duran, and Jess Harnell (who is also a famous voice actor); as well as a book signed by the New England-based author Marie Myung-Ok Lee, who is a friend of my family's. Also, I have Johnny Depp's autograph, but I never actually met him. I bought it online with a certificate of authenticity. I attended the Sex Tape premiere on Friday and JUST MISSED the opportunity to get Jason Segel, Cameron Diaz, and Ellie Kemper's signatures. :(

I wrote to Steve Whitmire 3 times and asked for an autograph, but nothing happened. I'm thinking maybe I got the wrong address? Does anyone know where I can reach Steve at?

9. WemblinFool18

Good god, man. Not only all that Muppet stuff, but Eddie Izzard too? Jealous :mad:

10. WemblinFool18

I sent a SASE when I wrote to Caroll and Steve; and when I wrote to Danny Elfman too, for that matter (that letter came back stamped RETURN TO SENDER, so that's the end of that). Anyway, I tried to be as polite, question-asking, non-creepy as possible, and it seemed to work with Caroll. But either A. I creeped Steve out, or B. I wrote to the wrong address.
    Whatever. I'll vouch for you here. Good advice! Maybe I'll try again with Steve.

11. limey

limey New Member

I think I might have mentioned before that I have collected many Henson/Muppet related signatures over the years (and I am still on the look out for some more). Like most people on this forum I was heavily influenced by the amazing work of past (and present) employees of the Jim Henson Company - my collection has become a reminder of those people who brought these amazing creative worlds to life. I have autographs on cards, letters, posters, books etc. I have just worked out how to post photos on the forum so here is one that was given to me as a gift not too long ago - a copy of 'Of Muppets and Men' signed by Jim Henson and given as a gift to Vincent Price. I have seen other examples of this book signed and given to other guests stars of the Muppet Show. It would be interesting to find out where they all ended up -
    [​IMG]

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  12. muppetlover123

Thats cool!

13. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Honestly, I would ADORE a autograph from Steve Whitmire or Dave Goelz; even a short response from one of them would be amazing enough. Steve has always been my favorite puppeteer, along with Dave. Jim Henson is my 3rd favorite; that's probably because I watched more with Steve and Dave then Jim (Wembley, Boober, Traveling Matt, Gonzo, Steve performing Kermit, etc). In fact, Gonzo is my favorite of the main Muppet cast; as for other Henson productions, Wembley and Boober. I would LOVE a autograph from Steve or Dave featuring Wembley or Boober; but Disney probably wouldn't allow it. Honestly, the character wouldn't matter. I would LOVE the autograph/letter/response in whatever format I get. But that won't even happen; all I can do is dream. :sigh:

14. limey

limey New Member

I would still keep on trying. I know that Dave Goelz is a cool and thoughtful guy and if your letter gets to him, I am sure he would reply (Steve would be the same).

15. Muppetlab

Thought id update you with a few more ive added to my collection :)

These three were purchases -
    [​IMG]

These, probably my favorite as they are dedecated to me, were obtained by a friend in person on my behalf at various events in the USA... It sucks to live in the uk sometimes :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  16. Muppetlab

17. muppetlover123

18. Muppetlab

Very please with there latest additions to my collection.
    Three JHC christmas cards dated 81,83 and 86. Two are hand written and signed by Jim :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WalterLinz and muppetlover123 like this.
  19. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Oh my, what a collection you got there!!:) I only have a photo of Walter signed by Peter Linz I bought on Amazon.:p It's amazing that you have a few that date back several decades ago!! Those JHC Christmas cards have got to be the cutest I have ever seen!

Muppetlab likes this.
  20. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I guess a picture off of ebay w/Kermit's & Jim's autographs doesn't count right? (they weren't signed to me)
    But if we're talking about OTHER celebrities,(and I hope I haven't posted this) I have Bowzer (formerly of Sha Na Na)'s autograph. For those that don't know who he is (and haven't already been here & "heard" me talk about him) He's an oldies (50s & 60s singer. He has his own group now."Bowzer & The Stingrays"

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014