Why are FR songs so short?

P

Princeton

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I've noticed that the average length of any FR song is just a little over a minute. Maybe I'm curious because I love the songs and I guess I just want more. Anyone have any ideas?

MrsWembly

Reaction score
I guess you only have so much time to develop a story and sing songs in a single episode, but I know what you mean. It would be great if they would come out with a CD with extended versions of songs. One song called “Here to There” by Wembley is one that I wish was longer. It is way too short.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Maybe one reason is not to detract too much from the story and pace. I think the song lengths fit very nicely.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Have any of you heard the extended version of the theme song? It's so cool, I think it's my favorite Fraggle song. Lots of scatting (is that what you call it?), real jazzy sound to it, plus it starts off with Sprocket barking with a little dialogue from Doc.

Classic.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
yeah I even have this song. I relember listening to it from the record years ago. I always thougth that was brillant the way they put it together.
KermieBaby47 said:
Have any of you heard the extended version of the theme song? It's so cool, I think it's my favorite Fraggle song. Lots of scatting (is that what you call it?), real jazzy sound to it, plus it starts off with Sprocket barking with a little dialogue from Doc.

Classic.

Foodie

Reaction score
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I've noticed that the average length of any FR song is just a little over a minute. Maybe I'm curious because I love the songs and I guess I just want more. Anyone have any ideas?
Cuz the show was only so long. Plus, in the Season 1 DVD bonus stuff, Jerry Juhl talks about how he had to tell Balsam and/or Lee to shorten some of their songs cuz the show's only less than 30 minutes. :smirk:

Foodie

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:

Classic.
They play that song during with the Fraggle Float from the '84 Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. There's even some silly-creature-sized fraggles who breakdance to it. I kid thee not.

One can find this song on the " Music and Magic " CD too. :smirk: :excited:

superboober

Reaction score
It was on the record containing the best sogns from Season 1 that I once had. Funnily enough, sometimes I remember the record with Doc's dialogue and sometimes without, which I think was the case with reissues of it.

anathema

Reaction score
superboober said:
It was on the record containing the best sogns from Season 1 that I once had. Funnily enough, sometimes I remember the record with Doc's dialogue and sometimes without, which I think was the case with reissues of it.
There are two different mixes of the extended theme. The one on the US record album features Doc's voice at the start; the one on the UK album does not (for obvious reasons) and also has a different musical arrangement.

Foodie

Reaction score
anathema said:
There are two different mixes of the extended theme. The one on the US record album features Doc's voice at the start; the one on the UK album does not (for obvious reasons) and also has a different musical arrangement.
Doc's voice is in the " Music and Magic " CD version too.:smirk: