Why Are We Muppet Fans?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
This isn't a bad thing, no worries. But, what is it about the Muppets that attracted you to become a fan of the muppets themselves? What made you become a muppet fan?

The reason why I am a muppet fan is because the muppets basically taught me to respect everybody, and Jim's vision inspired me, also loved the humor and wakiness of the Muppets. It wasn't violent. It wasn't attracted to one core group, it was attracted to everybody.

So, what made you a muppet fan?

travellingpat

Reaction score
I was born into a family of Muppet Fans, So i just was around them my entire childhood

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm kinda' with pat on this one. My family loved the Muppets and so they were always in my life. It wasn't until I was a little older that I became aware of Jim. His imagination and sense of humor was so intriguing to me, but it was his creativity that inspired me tremendously more then any other artist ever. I saw how he could go from light hearted and funny to very dark and scary and I thought, "Hey, that's what I wanna' do!"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Definately my parents. They loved the Muppets, and as a result I always watched them as a kid. Grew up on Sesame Street, loved whatever Muppet movie that I was shown. It was only when I was older that I realised "Wow, the Muppets are as cool and funny as they were years ago!" And I fell back in love with the humour.

Then I discovered Fraggle Rock, Labyrinth, etc. through the Muppets. That's when I really realised how visionary things like Fraggle Rock were, and fell in love with them all over again for that reason.

zns

Reaction score
What attracts me to them is that they let you escape from reality and they're just plan funny and down-to-earth. But it's really the joy and the magic they bring to everyone around the world. I just love the shows they have done, from The Muppet Show, to Sesame Street, to Fraggle Rock, to The Jim Henson Hour, everything about them is wonderful and uplifting. God Bless Jim Henson and his family and friends.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
This is a truly great question!

Something about the Muppets appealed to me from my infancy and never stopped. Sesame Street was my favorite show as a baby, and by the time I was in elementary school, there wasn't anything I didn't know about the Muppets and Jim Henson. I've had a love affair with them my whole life. They were my first and best friends, provided limitless inspiration and entertained me on a level normally reserved for my own imagination. That's the highest praise I can offer, and the best explanation I can give as to how and why I became a fan.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I am a muppet fan because of my dad. Although the memories are fuzzy, I remember first watching reruns with him a long time ago. It was one of the few hings we did together because he worked alot...so...yeah

Miladyelfn

Reaction score
I have been a muppet fan since I was a kid-I remember watching Sesame Street in the late 60's as a kid and the Muppet Show in the 70's as a teenager. I think the fun and happiness Jim and the muppeteers had translated to the muppets themselves and that the feeling of family came through as well.
milady