Why can't I use smilies?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Everyone else seems to be able to use the smile list that appears on the left side when writing a post. Mine has been gone for sometime now and the only time I can get a smile is if I happen to get the right combination of keys. So far I've figured out :big_grin: .

Why can't I use smiles and where is that bunch of boxes with codes for url's, colors, bold text. ect. Apparently I'm the only one missing these thing.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thanks for the short cut list Phillip.

I use the same internet explorer that I always used and the smiles worked for awhile until about a month or so ago. I figured the problem would fix itself. The smiles at Palisades work as do smiles on all other message boards.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Um...the smiles on the side board still aren't there and it's kind of a pain to have to use that short cut list.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It could be time to defrag your computer, get rid of your cookies etc. The only explanation I can think of is a memory issue. Maybe not. This really isn't my side of things with MC. Hope it helps.

WiGgY

Reaction score
What do you mean a memory issue? Do you mean not enough hard drive space? Because if so, that's definatly not it. Still got 40 gigs left to fill up :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Is enough of it allotted for web? If so, I can't imagine the issue.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Um...the smiles on the side board still aren't there and it's kind of a pain to have to use that short cut list.
Please clear your cache/temporary Internet files.

1. You can do this by going to...

Tools ------> Internet Options ------>

2. When you are there try two things. Under "Temporary Internet Files", click on "settings". Where it says, "Check for newer versions of stored pages", choose "every visit to the page". Click on "ok".

Then, also under "Internet Options/Temporary Internet Files" choose "delete files" then hit ok.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Go to the site and see if the smilies are still there. If not let us know and we will try something else.

WiGgY

Reaction score
1. done
2. done
3. done
4. done

No smiles.

Beakie

Reaction score
sure you didn't disable them on the user control panel thing? :stick_out_tongue: