1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why can't we buy a decent Fozzie Bear doll?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Ruahnna, Oct 8, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

The world is overrun with plush animals, and yet I cannot find a decent Fozzie Bear doll/bear--why is this?

Disney, if you are listening, Fozzie would make a GREAT snuggle toy! He's cute, he's child-like, he soft and furry and I WANT a non-teeny-tiny, appropriately furred (and tied and hatted) Fozzie Bear to keep away the nighttime bogey-man.

If you make it, we will buy it....

(Join me, Luke-come over to the Fozzie side....)
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Yeah, manufacturers cant seem to capture him right.Maybe you could buy a Fozzie back pack and cut off the straps?

[​IMG]
    There are some Fozzies that arent too bad.One of my favourites is the Sababa Hoodie Fozzie.
    And hopefully, Steiff's Fozzie should be good.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have the Naanco impossible to win large plush I got as a gift from a church sale and it smells funny (not stinky, just... it smells like church), and other than the fact the nose is too big and it's filled with foam instead of fluff, it's not bad.

There were some good Fozzies out there. I just can't name them off the top of my head. I have the Sabbaba bean bag, and it looks right, but it has weird curly fur.

There are many other characters that have yet to have a great likeness. For some reason, Piggy ALWAYS wears an ugly sun hat... Animals can look either pretty good or fail (you cannot recreate his fur cheaply), You'd think Kermit would be a no fail, but I have yet to see anything as great as the 1970's Fisher Price or 2002 Macy's Kermit Plush.

Then we move to the other Muppets of other projects...

I HATE when Cookie Monster looks like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Cookie's a shaggy furry blob shape... I can buy that he's got a fat belly and little feet... but I can't buy him being bald. He's barely fluffy there. There's no reason Mumford should have been shaggier than Cookie...

[​IMG]

I have that one at home, and I can assure you he looks worse than that. I desperately want to groom him, but I don't like to alter my stuff.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I know what you guys mean, Fozzie dolls tend to win big at TP's ugliest muppet toy contest, lol.
  5. Drtooth

They haven't had one of those in a while.

But if you ask me, any Muppet can get pretty wrong pretty fast.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_plush_(Toy_Factory)

Fozzie's terrible there, but I can't think of a single one that doesn't look terrible. Animal wins best looking by a thin margin.
    heralde likes this.
  6. robodog

robodog Active Member

You'd think Fozzie would be easy. He's just a teddy bear when you get right down to it. Most plush companies excel at making teddy bears. That's how they make a majority of their cash. I can't see why someone somewhere can't make a True to life Fozzie plush.
    Ruahnna likes this.
  7. Walter

Walter Active Member

The problem is, and this applies for the new movie puppets at FAO as well, They always make him too dang light!! a little darker on many fozzie toys and we have many great representations!!!
  8. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

actually i have some dark fozzie plushies...IMO i feel the issue with most Muppet Plush is eye focus
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

Really?? where did you find them?? Are they from Disney or are they older?
  10. Frogpuppeteer

one is Sababa which i think is the close-est color wise one, ive had forever from muppet U and the other is from MGM back in 98
  11. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Yes! Exactly! I don't really understand the problem. The one in the standee--THAT'S the one I want! (Er, and while you're at it, a life-size Gonzo would be appreciated! Heh, heh, heh!)
  12. heralde

Yeah even the ugly Animal toys are somehow adorable, lol.
  13. Drtooth

[​IMG]

Strangled to death Animal begs to differ.
  14. heralde

Apparently after going through the dryer. ;)

(Btw I can't take credit, that was a TP comment, lol).
  15. Frogpuppeteer

haha you just reminded me of the first time i ever washed an Ernie doll ...he ended up with an afro
    heralde likes this.