Why can't we buy a decent Fozzie Bear doll?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The world is overrun with plush animals, and yet I cannot find a decent Fozzie Bear doll/bear--why is this?

Disney, if you are listening, Fozzie would make a GREAT snuggle toy! He's cute, he's child-like, he soft and furry and I WANT a non-teeny-tiny, appropriately furred (and tied and hatted) Fozzie Bear to keep away the nighttime bogey-man.

If you make it, we will buy it....

(Join me, Luke-come over to the Fozzie side....)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yeah, manufacturers cant seem to capture him right.Maybe you could buy a Fozzie back pack and cut off the straps?

There are some Fozzies that arent too bad.One of my favourites is the Sababa Hoodie Fozzie.
And hopefully, Steiff's Fozzie should be good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have the Naanco impossible to win large plush I got as a gift from a church sale and it smells funny (not stinky, just... it smells like church), and other than the fact the nose is too big and it's filled with foam instead of fluff, it's not bad.

There were some good Fozzies out there. I just can't name them off the top of my head. I have the Sabbaba bean bag, and it looks right, but it has weird curly fur.

There are many other characters that have yet to have a great likeness. For some reason, Piggy ALWAYS wears an ugly sun hat... Animals can look either pretty good or fail (you cannot recreate his fur cheaply), You'd think Kermit would be a no fail, but I have yet to see anything as great as the 1970's Fisher Price or 2002 Macy's Kermit Plush.

Then we move to the other Muppets of other projects...

I HATE when Cookie Monster looks like this:

Cookie's a shaggy furry blob shape... I can buy that he's got a fat belly and little feet... but I can't buy him being bald. He's barely fluffy there. There's no reason Mumford should have been shaggier than Cookie...

I have that one at home, and I can assure you he looks worse than that. I desperately want to groom him, but I don't like to alter my stuff.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know what you guys mean, Fozzie dolls tend to win big at TP's ugliest muppet toy contest, lol.

robodog

Reaction score
You'd think Fozzie would be easy. He's just a teddy bear when you get right down to it. Most plush companies excel at making teddy bears. That's how they make a majority of their cash. I can't see why someone somewhere can't make a True to life Fozzie plush.

Walter

Reaction score
The problem is, and this applies for the new movie puppets at FAO as well, They always make him too dang light!! a little darker on many fozzie toys and we have many great representations!!!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
actually i have some dark fozzie plushies...IMO i feel the issue with most Muppet Plush is eye focus

Walter

Reaction score
actually i have some dark fozzie plushies...IMO i feel the issue with most Muppet Plush is eye focus
Really?? where did you find them?? Are they from Disney or are they older?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Really?? where did you find them?? Are they from Disney or are they older?
one is Sababa which i think is the close-est color wise one, ive had forever from muppet U and the other is from MGM back in 98