Why did nobody like Little Bird?

mikealan

Reaction score
Guys...why did nobody like Little Bird? You know him, he's a little friend of Big Bird from the early days!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! I liked him. I've got a figure of Big Bird holding him!

mikealan

Reaction score
No, I mean, when anyone watches Sesame Street when they're kids during the 70's, they did not like Little Bird.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I vaguely remember Little Bird. I've seen him in books and I remember an episode from the 80s where Little Bird made sort of a guest appearance. I think the gang was looking for a home for him or something. I guess they decided that since Big Bird's best friend was Mr. Snuffleupagus, they didn't think it was necessary to have a bird that was Big Bird's opposite.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey, I've always loved Little Bird! :smile:

Really!

I have!

As a matter of fact, growin' up, I'd always wished we'd gotten to see her more...(I used to think it was a he, but then I thought I learned it was a she? Hmmm...)

Anyway, yeah, cute character, go Little Bird! :big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I think so, anyway...seems to me that "SS Unpaved" said so, but I know there are a few mistakes in the book---maybe somebody who's seen more sketches or has some on tape can clarify for us. :smile:

Splurge

Reaction score
I don't know, I liked Little Bird and that voice Fran gave her. (It is a her, right?) Perhaps most of the kids didn't stay interested in her for very long.

beaker

Reaction score
I dont recall Little Bird that much...but now the little bird now has his own mini action figure(thanks to those great folks in Japan) and if ya look closely Jamie put him in the MC 5th Annv banner.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Does anyone want to write a Bio for Little Bird ?

Is it a He or She ?

He/She was a classic Muppet, and always made me get excited when i saw him/her.
It must have been because the marionette they sometimes used !

If anyone wants to write a bio of Little Bird, You can post it on here or email it to SesameStreetEncyclopedia@hotmail.com !

You will get Credit on the site too !

www.SesameEncyclopedia.cjb.net

See ya