1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why did nobody like Little Bird?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikealan, Jan 28, 2003.

1. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Guys...why did nobody like Little Bird? You know him, he's a little friend of Big Bird from the early days!
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey! I liked him. I've got a figure of Big Bird holding him!
  3. mikealan

mikealan New Member

No, I mean, when anyone watches Sesame Street when they're kids during the 70's, they did not like Little Bird.
  4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember Little Bird. I've seen him in books and I remember an episode from the 80s where Little Bird made sort of a guest appearance. I think the gang was looking for a home for him or something. I guess they decided that since Big Bird's best friend was Mr. Snuffleupagus, they didn't think it was necessary to have a bird that was Big Bird's opposite.
  5. Hey, I've always loved Little Bird! :)

Really!

I have!

As a matter of fact, growin' up, I'd always wished we'd gotten to see her more...(I used to think it was a he, but then I thought I learned it was a she? Hmmm...)

Anyway, yeah, cute character, go Little Bird! :D
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Little Bird is female? I never knew that.
  7. I think so, anyway...seems to me that "SS Unpaved" said so, but I know there are a few mistakes in the book---maybe somebody who's seen more sketches or has some on tape can clarify for us. :)
  8. Splurge

Splurge Member

I don't know, I liked Little Bird and that voice Fran gave her. (It is a her, right?) Perhaps most of the kids didn't stay interested in her for very long.
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I dont recall Little Bird that much...but now the little bird now has his own mini action figure(thanks to those great folks in Japan) and if ya look closely Jamie put him in the MC 5th Annv banner.
  10. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Does anyone want to write a Bio for Little Bird ?

Is it a He or She ?

He/She was a classic Muppet, and always made me get excited when i saw him/her.
    It must have been because the marionette they sometimes used !

If anyone wants to write a bio of Little Bird, You can post it on here or email it to SesameStreetEncyclopedia@hotmail.com !

You will get Credit on the site too !

www.SesameEncyclopedia.cjb.net

See ya
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Re: Guys,

Good question? Im leaning toward she, though then again I thought Big Bird was a girl til not too long ago^_^

Good work on the site btw.
  12. Comical_DrBob

Comical_DrBob New Member

I rember Little Bird from books but not really the TV show,I liked him not sure why others wouldn't,I reckon they could have used Big Bird & Little Bird to show opposites & birds aren't always the same size.
  13. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Where's Little Bird now?

What happened to him?
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Little Bird is my obscure SS character fave. That's why he/she sneaks into my menus. Little Bird can be seen in in the Big Bird rollover in theCards section, is a regular in the main page arches and can be seen in the limited Muppet Central celebration menu.

Funny enough, I always thought Little Bird was voiced by Jerry Nelson and was a boy. Does anyone know if Little Bird started off that way. I am aware of several recasts. Maybe I'm just old. LOL!
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Fran Brill did Little Bird originally.