Why didn't they make Zoot green?

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else already, but does anyone know why the new Zoot figure is an aqua color instead of green.

I realize he went through some color changes over the years, but he always looked to be a shade of green to me. In fact, after searching my Muppet movies and Best of DVDs, I cannot find anywhere that Zoot is this aqua color, except on the cover of one of the DVDs.

Can someone explain this please? :confused:

grail

Reaction score
it's the same reason Bunsen was green when he looks yellow on the show/in pictures...that's the real color of the puppet.

what happens is that because of the way they're lit, and the fabrics they use, some of the color washes out on camera. so Zoot may look one way, but he really is the other.

hope that helps

WiGgY

Reaction score
If you look at MFS or even AVMMC I think, you can see a more true color of the muppets. Pretty sure Zoot looked kind of aqua there.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
In the first three Muppet movies there were completely different Zoot puppets.

TMM and the Muppet Show had him made out of a very light blue/green and was made of cloth. There's a seam going down from his lip to his chin.

TGMC had one completely made out of foam, or so it looked. His mouth was a very simple cut slit and he was a darker bluish green.

TMM had him be this weird olive green.

Other than that, the figure is a result of Henson wanting them to be an amalgam of all the puppets...the Zoot puppet is so varied that I don't think the figure could possibly be nailed as a certain version...as for me I fixed him up to look like he did in the show and TMM...pictures coming soon :cool:

WiGgY

Reaction score
the all green one really freaked me out. I never liked him green. I prefer the more blue ones.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Yeah. My fav is the one they used in TMM because it had that underbite and looked so funny when he zoned out.:smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I must get put my DVD cause I never even knew there were different Zoots until someone pointed it out about the figure. BTW I just LOVE the figure and the repaint :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I just saw TMM Zoot and he looks pretty cool with the over bite. Don't know which I prefer though. I think the figure is the best likness possible.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Here is a page i put together, It shows a few of the Zoots from The Muppet Show.

Misfit,
The seem you see on Zoot's chin is where the two peices of Foam were stuck together. Not the fabric seem, It is exposed foam.

http://www.angelfire.com/space/collect/Zoot.html

My Favorite color Zoot is: :cool:

CheckChuck

Reaction score
zoot's blues

i always thought he was supposed to be different shades of blue...rather than green.

as in the "blues" is a huge component of "jazz" music...

:cool: