1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Why do some users have a + after their name?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vic Romano, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I've seen this before on Kyle's user name on the main forum page, and today I saw it on Tabi's; after the username appears a "+". What does it mean?

Here's what I'm talking about...

2. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

Those are the people we REALLY have to keep a close eye on...kinda like babysitting. Hahahahahahahahaha Just kidding.......I think it is a moderator thing cause Kev has it too. But I don't really know.

3. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Actually I think the + is for people who are on your Buddy List in here.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm not on Vic's buddy list. :cry:

5. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I thought I didn't have anyone on my buddy list! You're my buddy S'nowthy! YOU'RE MY BUDDY!!!

6. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

Good call Katzi, I knew that was a reason you got paid all the big bucks around here!!!!!!

7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yup, Kathy's right. It's the people on your buddy list. ^^

8. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

LOL...I wish I got paid big bucks around here.:)

9. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

Im special :D my daddy says so

10. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

So here's another question..........

So if these + signs are refering to people on your buddy list (other than the moderators) than do people on ignore lists get - signs?

And it's only logical that these would only be visible to you, right?

I've noticed a similar situation when ever I look at the list of everyone who is presently on line; whenever I look at it I notice that my name always appears first, even though its alphabetically out of order. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that I'm the only person who see's it that way, and who ever else looks at it would see their name first as well. Am I right on that?:confused:

11. Mine shows my name first to-- everybody's does.

Hmmm.. I will add a member to my ignore list that is online right now and see if there are - by their name...

12. Nope.... their is nothing by a user's username if they are on your ignore list.

13. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

Could these + and - signs only be visible to certain people?

I tried checking people's names who are on my "buddy" and "ignore" lists, and I don't see these signs appearing anywhere. Is it possible that these signs could only be visible to certain people? Also, I was wondering what these dot's beside our names mean, and what does it mean when they change color?:confused:

14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I thought the dots meant if that member is online at MC or not, so if it's green they're online and if it's not green then... well then they're not.:smirk:

15. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

I thought possibly the same thing, (green = online, blue = offline), but I wasn't sure. If so, I wonder what red means?

16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

There's red? I've never seen that before.

17. red means you are invisable. It will not show that for other membs though. Just yourself.

18. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

A while back, when I first joined, I remember I did some tinkering around with my "Settings and Options" and for a while I had my name under something called "invisible". It was back when I was a very inexperienced member and didn't realize what triggered what. (back then, I thought it meant I was in trouble or something!) Something jogged my memorie about that today and I went and tried it, and sure enough, my dot turned red! Guess I ended up answering my own question here! LOL!:p