1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Why do we have to be called Silly Creatures, and who is this Ned Schimmelfinney guy?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by SillyRed, Jan 1, 2003.

1. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

Questions I am pondering, any1 have a clue?

2. Cause Uncle Matt wrote in his journal that fraggles are "the greatest and most noble race" there is, so of course we just look silly and foolish since we're "unfraggley"---hence the Silly Creature name. :)

And Ned is Doc's best friend and good-natured rival, who lives within sight distance from the workshop door (his cat Fluffanella, and Sprocket are also rivals, but they have their sweet moments).

Hope this helps! :)

3. Sidebottom

Sidebottom Member

In some Fraggle Rock picture book I used to have, there's a line from Travelling Matt in which he says:

"I call them Silly Creatures, because that is what they are."

When I think about a lot of the humans I know, I'm pretty convinced that Matt is right.

-Sidebottom

4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ned Schimmelfinney is the nefariously evangelical hierophant of
    imperious wonder and design...an incandescent backbone of
    achievement and time...of all that was and is to be.

He also makes a mean salad dressing;)

5. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

:( That was sorta creepy. :)

6. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Ummmmmm..........Right.

7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm all still for a Ned Schmmelfinny action figure, club, and con!^_^

8. JFP

JFP New Member