Why does Janice swear?

Beauregard

Reaction score
You already answered your questian, "Because it's funny."

That's the main reason I would imagine, also because it draws in (fits around) an older range of audience, and thirdly because it is totaly in Janice's character to do so. If Kermit sweared we would think it's wrong, because he is meant to be a good role-model for kids, but Janice is allowed to because she is the more daring, hippy Muppet.

Bea:zany:{And besides, if she wants to live on a beach and walk around naked...}regard

Beauregard

Reaction score
(And I quote) "Still the management is cheerful, though the whole joints gone to ****..."

Bea:zany:{regard}regard

jediX

Reaction score
The cast also says that particular word in the Mac Davis episode during the "It's Hard to be Humble" song. I guess Muppet swearing doesn't apply to singing :wink:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I didn't really notice that until I had owned the "Great Muppet Caper" DVD for a while. Although, I think it fits right in! You don't really notice it when they're singing unless you put subtitles on!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally, and officially, the Muppets were created for adults, but family was brought into it with Sesame Street and The Muppet Show. On the other hand, Janice isn't a pre-teen. She's much older than that. Heck, Zoot's supposed to be 40-something years old! All of the EM band are adults and that's the way of their speech.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember when The Great Muppet Caper aired on a syndicated channel, it showed Janice singing that infamous line and the curse word got volumed down! That made me realize she really did say that word!

Gusworld

Reaction score
It has to be said that only in the US would that even be considered a swear word. In Australia and the UK, the h-word (it seems ridiculous to put it that way, but I don't want to offend anyone right now) would pass by without even a single remark. Ditto the d-word.

Cheers
Angus

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gusworld said:
...the h-word ... ditto the d-word.
What? You mean Ham, and Dill-pickle?

Bea:zany:{You get the laughes where you can get them here in the joint}regard