1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why don't fans support Muppet Babies merchandise?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppet_fan_1, Jun 1, 2002.

1. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

Just out of curiosity....
    I've got Muppet Babies coming out the wazoo. Something most I've talked to have never hear of...something someone isn't telling me?

:confused: :(
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Re: Why Don't We Suport "Muppet Babies" merchandise?

You should really go to the Doctors!
  3. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

well yes I suppose, the babies litterly coming out of my wazoo can be a bit uncmofortable...but thats not the issue at hand.:D
  4. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Muppet Babies

I believe that have stated that they are focusing on the classic Muppets thrus avoiding the Muppet Babies, which is strange because they had a ton of collectibles such as the Mcdonalds' toys and stuff animals. I wonder if they would put Muppet Babies under the Muppet World collection page.
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

Re: Muppet Babies

I think Phil stated somewhere (and I could be way off base) that they didn't include Muppet Babies stuff because of the sheer volume of items produced. The same goes for S.Street.

Muppet Babies stuff almost saturated the market. At the height of their popularity, everyone had "Baby" merchandise. From Disney Babies, to Strawberry Shortcake Babies, it seemed every toy line and cartoon character was turned into a baby. (I was always holding out for G.I. Joe Babies)

Most of this stuff has been discredited by the majority of collectors for a number of reasons. Among the many reasons were the vast numbers of stuff that came out (from diapers and bibs to stuffed animals and electronic keyboards), to the sheer numbers of each item produced (thats why Muppet Babies stuff is easier to find then other Muppet collectibles. Production runs of most items were huge). Of course, there are some more sought after items. Most revolve around Baby Skeetor stuff.

I don't know if Phil will ever include Muppet Babies stuff in the Muppet Central listing, or if Kermitage.com will either.
  6. BlueFrackle

Guys

One of the reasons people dont like the Muppet Babies isd because it made people forget the Classic Muppets, and now when they think 'Muppet' They think "oh yeah, Childrebns cartoon!".

Another reason is bad Animation, I actually like it myself, And have collected a lot of stuff !

See ya
  7. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

YES! I completley agree! I think I may have stated that before...that when you say "Muppets" The majority of peole instantly thnk "That cute lil cartoon..." A bit upsetting, but with some people, Muppet babies opened their eyes to the Classic Muppets. I myself in my entire collection have quite a few Muppet Babies Collectibles but with these previous statements, not sure if they're even collectibles...:(
  8. BlueFrackle

Muppt Fan 1,

Anything can be a Collectable, Aslong as someone collects it.
  9. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

YA KNOW, YOU'RE RIGHT. i'M GOIGN TO CONTINUE TO COLLECT anything RELATING TO THE mUPPETS. "(EXCEPT SESAME STREET THINGS UNLESS INVOLVING KERMIT.) And hopefully, sometime in the not-so-distant-future there is a website out there that supports that as well and lists all the Muppet Baby items also.:D
  10. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

I agree in regards to the large quantity of Muppet babies stuff being released. there would be too much to list! but I was thinking,..why not focus on the rarer stuff? For instance, I have a Baby Rowlf plush from overseas that looks just like he did in MTM!:)
  11. MaxGoof

MaxGoof New Member

Is there a website that talks about Muppet Babies stuff? Why is Baby Skeetor so sought after?
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I used to have a bunch of that stuff. Problem is, most of it was stuff from my early years, so it's packed away. However, I still have my Baby Fozzie, and a few videos. I bought some comic books recently, too!
  13. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

Surprisingly there aren't too many Muppet babies sites out there, and the existing sites aren't updated all too frequently.

As for Baby Skeeter, there isn't too much merchandise of her since she wasn't one of the most prominant characters. The only thing of her I believe was a figurine Hasbro put out that had a moveable head.
  14. Skeeter Cool

Skeeter Cool New Member

Why can’t Hasbro reissue their Muppet Babies toy line? I want the original styles carried on. I want a Skeeter over sized plush doll now! The only Muppet item I do own is a Hasbro Red Fraggle doll. :excited:
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Easy. They don't have the license....
  16. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

You know, I'm STILL miffed that Babies Animal and Rowlf don't have DVD plushes yet. I'm still holding out that they'll release them in the fall.
  17. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Darn Straight, Muppetfan1! I was immediately turned on to the Muppets with MB. Whatta cartoon! I have a really hard question that is bugging me: Where can you find the McDonalds Muppet Babies videos? I do not know if they are on DVD and I haven't been looking hard enuff. Where is the episode, "Invasion of the Muppet Snackers" on VHS or DVD? I have it when it originally aired on CBS, but I have no clue as to where I can find it.

I have another hard question, but not on topic: Where can you find Muppet puppets (new ones, for crying out loud!)? I am increasingly searching for every single muppet puppet ever "made" in the worst places and the shadiest parts of town. HELP!!!