Why don't Gonzo and Animal interact?

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
In Muppet Babies they seemed like best friends...I know friends grow part some times as they get older but. One thing I liked about A Muppet Family Christmas is we some them together a bit, why don't they have more scenes together?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I think there's an episode of The Muppet Show where Gonzo is panicking that his Mexican Jumping Beans were gone and Animal walks in the background hicuping and jumping, and then Gonzo is chasing Animal as Animal laughs and has a good time running. That's the only time I've seen them interact. It's funny how there's some characters that rarely interact with each other. I can understand if it's characters that are performed by the same Muppeteer but sometimes there's rare scenes for example I think there was an episode where Miss Piggy karate chops Fozzie or chases after him, I don't remember which episode it was. I think it was from Season 2. I remember there was the episode where Dr. Teeth sings "Jack the Knife" and Sam tries to put a stop to it and Dr. Teeth explains the so called violent song is really about Jack going off to buy his wife sofa pillows. One of my favorite bits.

Anyway, I wonder myself which characters rarely ever interacted with each other. Ususally it's characters performed by the same Muppeteer. But characters that aren't like Gonzo and Animal, yeah it's interesting to think about.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Animal and Gonzo interacted alot. The Aladdin Bit on the Marty Feldmen episode, and some of the specials. It's just a very rare pairing.

cjd874

Reaction score
Animal and Gonzo interacted alot. The Aladdin Bit on the Marty Feldmen episode, and some of the specials. It's just a very rare pairing.
Also, there were two skits I remember where Animal & Gonzo interacted, but I don't remember the episodes:

• Gonzo is singing "Pop Goes the Weasel" with a so-called surprise ending, but Animal runs onstage before the song is over and ruins the act by popping the balloon behind Gonzo's back. Gonzo is booed offstage and Animal takes a bow, clueless to what he's done. Season 1...perhaps the Lena Horne episode?
  • Also, when Gonzo played "Flight of the Bumblebee" on the trumpet, Animal was trying to clobber a flying bumblebee with a huge club, but ended up hitting Gonzo and Rowlf's piano. The act ended in a shambles, of course. Late Season 2, I think.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never fully understood that on Muppet Babies. It's a funny pairing on that show, sure. But why did the writers of Muppet Babies pair up two characters as besties when they never appear together in that way in the series proper?

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
Actually they do
Have you guys ever seen muppets bohemian rhapsody on YouTube?
We'll there is a commentary for it
And When Animal enters the room he says
"Hi Gonzo....Hi chicken....chicken...CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN!"
He chases the chicken(Camilla) but it's still kinda interacting with gonzo"

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Actually they do
Have you guys ever seen muppets bohemian rhapsody on YouTube?
We'll there is a commentary for it
And When Animal enters the room he says
"Hi Gonzo....Hi chicken....chicken...CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN!"
He chases the chicken(Camilla) but it's still kinda interacting with gonzo"
Is this what you are looking for, DrTeethFan?