1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why Dont we Make Something Together?

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Frogpuppeteer, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

ive been here a while but i was walking down the street and thought of all the puppeteers on here why havent we put together something random...i know some of you say we are too far or whatever....but i mean something simple...example the celebrety versions of monster in the mirror or put down the duckie...ive seen it down on youtube sans puppets and it would be easy to do with with puppets as well .like we could each film our own puppets singing some part of a song and splice it together its not that hard i could even do it really ill even voulenteer to splice it together i just think it would be fun to have all our characters sing a song together even if they arnt in the same room or even together....im suggesting it any takers it could be another muppet central family project
  2. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

That sounds Fun!

The Puppetry Club will do it!.....like singing as a group....

What song should we do?
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

That's pretty neat, I don't do puppetry, but I think it sounds like a LOVELY idea.

And I love your sig, frogpuppeteer. That line makes me crack up every time :D
  4. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

hmmm......just thought of this....

for the song....would we be lipsyncing to a song....or singing a song?
  5. Frogpuppeteer

could work either way of lip syncing the song or singing it...like you said first we need a song
  6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

As we would be connecting up, how about the Rainbow Connection?
  7. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

A beautiful sentiment Eric!
    What do you mean, "another Muppet Central family project?" Was something like this ever done before?
  8. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

Thats a good idea....but I feel like thats a common and expectable song for puppets to sing....

I think we need something big and loud....AKA a crowd pleaser.......that has fun background music....
  9. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

Oh.....if you want to think muppet movie still we could do the Magic Store...

or that opening song for the Great Muppet Caper
  10. wes

wes Active Member

i'm in just tell me what I need to do!!:)
  11. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

I'm in. I'm so in. Chunk and I are so in. You are a genius. I'm yours to direct!

(By the way, I think Rainbow Connection would be a great idea. I love that song.) :)
  12. Frogpuppeteer

i like rainbow connection...but i still thing should be something peppy....i like the idea of the song hey a movie or i was even thinking happiness hotel
  13. wes

wes Active Member

you could Make it the rainbow connection rap! think Fresh Prince! :smirk: Just kidding!
  14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I thought it would of been nice to do a Muppet tune as we are muppet fans.So two other sugestions are Movin right along or the Muppet Show theme song.But I guess if you want something that is upbeat or that you wouldnt expect a puppet/s to sing- you would have to go for a non muppet song.Maybe something like Living Next Door to Alice, or a Queen song such as Bohemian Rapsody or I want to break free! Am I getting warmer??(to the right song)
  15. Frogpuppeteer

acctually muppetperson i was thinking a muppet song just cause like you said we are all muppet fans
  16. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

happiness hotel would be kinda cool
  17. RubbeRoomStudio

RubbeRoomStudio New Member

i'm game for something like this... are there any other ideas for songs, though??? how about a holidy tune... maybe "carol of the bells"... or is that cutting i too close to the holidays??? whatever it is though, i'm game...
  18. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

Oh ya!

I'm totally in! I love the idea, just tell me where to send my video. A song we could do is Build me up Buttercup....just a thought. Let me know and I'll send something to you. I believe we should pick something soon as Christmas is coming up and my time is quickly getting booked solid. Thanks
  19. Frogpuppeteer

hmmm build me up buttercup i didnt think of that song that one might be fun
  20. wes

wes Active Member

I agree!!

If you want it to be happy... Lets do the Happiness Hotel song