Why has Sesame Street never talked about visiting former schools?

salemfan

Reaction score
We've seen various Sesame Street episodes and clips focusing on school. But see my thread in General Discussion, "Anybody visit their old schools?" and I see that other people do besides me. Why has Sesame Street never talked about visiting former schools?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
what would be the point of doing that?

Plus you're taking about a show aimed at pre-school children.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
The only way I could see that happening would be showing someone who had moved away coming back to visit Sesame Street and their friends at their old school (like a generic AM Muppet or something.) That actually wouldn't be a bad idea.
Though the show is aimed at preschoolers, some of the Muppets are supposed to be a bit older- Elmo is about 3 or 3 and a half. Big Bird is 6. Some like Herbert Birdsfoot and Kermit are obviously meant to be older. That would be really cool if one of them perhaps showed up at the Sesame Street preschool to visit their old school- then you could have them interacting with Telly and Baby Bear (I get the impression they're a slight bit older than Elmo) at their school.
Perhaps Kermit could even be coming to enroll his nephew Robin in classes and to ease his fears about school, he could tell him about his first days at school (and that could even call for a cameo from the Muppet Babies!)
That may not be a bad idea at all. :smile:

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
Why not have Roosevelt Franklin (Martin Robinson or Kevin Clash could probably do his voice) come back for something like that? Or, if all else fails, Farley. (Of course, we all know what happened to Farley. He went to the Muppet Workshop for a touch-up, and ended up with orange fur, purple hair, a tail, and an uncle who kept sending him postcards.)

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, don't forget-Visiting old schools can only be done after school, never during school hours. But why hasn't the Elmo's World episode on school talked about going back to visit one's old school?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why not have Roosevelt Franklin (Martin Robinson or Kevin Clash could probably do his voice) come back for something like that? Or, if all else fails, Farley. (Of course, we all know what happened to Farley. He went to the Muppet Workshop for a touch-up, and ended up with orange fur, purple hair, a tail, and an uncle who kept sending him postcards.)

The day they bring back Roosevelt Franklin is the day Elmo stops speaking in third person, Big Bird Molts, and Cookie Monster becomes annorexic. And some very hot places will get very cold.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I doubt they're ever going to revive any of the old characters so we might as well not keep bringing it up.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Whether older characters are ever brought back or not, it's still fun to speculate and just imagine.:smile:

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, one visits old schools to see their favorite teachers. Not the students.