Why is Bert not on Sesame Street much anymore?

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Bert is still around, they just hardly ever show him anymore cause kids like Ernie a lot better, and kids can identify with Ernie better.

Censored

Reaction score
They recently showed a fairly current Ernie and Bert skit on Sesame Street, but I didn't think it was very good. Maybe Sesame Street is dead.

salemfan

Reaction score
Yes, Bert is still around. In fact, in Season 34, he was the prime focus of the episode I call, "Moody Moose Buttons"(see my list) in which Ernie plans a surprise birthday party for Bert, but Bert prefers to be alone so he can read his new book.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bert does appear, but they use him less and less... 'round season 32 or so, Eric took over Berts role, so he made a come back (he was only in taped inserts and classic skits before). Ernie is used much more than Bert, however... kids like him better. Frankly... It's likem splitting Pinky from the Brain because more people like Pinky. He's a funny character alone... but he works MUCH better with someone.

Whatever

Reaction score
My mom swears she heard something on the radio about a cross-dressing Muppet on SS. Anyone know anything about this? :confused: I think she must've missed something there... besides, Kermit has been known to cross dress!

Censored

Reaction score
Whatever said:
My mom swears she heard something on the radio about a cross-dressing Muppet on SS. Anyone know anything about this? :confused: I think she must've missed something there... besides, Kermit has been known to cross dress!

There were different comical segments on Sesame Street where Cookie Monster, Oscar, and Bert dressed like females. It was played for laughs during a simpler time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They still do cross dress...

Last season, Oscar played a female witch in the story of El Elephante.

And this season (in one of the few funny moments) Baby Bear and Telly were dressed as old women in a fantasy, talking with British accents (think Queen of England style) and drinking tea.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. Somebody here mentioned that most JTE segments are usually followed by Ernie and Bert skits, but I haven't seen one of those in ages (not even old, classic skits). Now it's usually just Ernie talking or singing with somebody else (like a kid or a muppet or in today's episode that actor whose name I can't remember). Anyway, I agree, it's wrong to split up Ernie and Bert. Another thing, I've noticed is that I haven't seen Susan on the show that much lately. I've seen Maria and Luis together, but I don't see Gordon with Susan very often. Hopefully, they didn't get a divorce or anything like that. :concern: