1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why is "The Storyteller: The Definitive Collection" so rare?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Scooterforever, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

So, I bought The Storyteller: Definitive Collection (2 discs, Storyteller + Greek Myths) when it first came out, and now when I look it up on eBay or Amazon it's going for roughly $40-$50, even for a used edition. For a 2-disc collection, that seems like a lot. Is it rare and hard to find? I'm just curious, because I'm sure I didn't pay that much when I first bought it; does anyone know the original retail price, BTW?
  2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Im sure it wasnt that much... Dont know, maybe it is out of print?
  3. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

Could be. Perhaps the Henson Company didn't think there'd be that much demand and therefore didn't have many produced, so copies sold out quick. Like I said, even used copies are selling for upwards of $40 on Amazon and eBay, which is definitely unusual for a 2-disc dvd set.
  4. MuppetFan538

MuppetFan538 New Member

Brand new Storyteller dvds are currently being sold for up to $110 on ebay!