1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why is Zoot so expensive?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Heli88, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Heli88

Heli88 New Member

I'm relatively new to the Palisades Muppet line, but I've managed to get most of what I consider to be the important characters at fairly reasonable prices. But then there's Zoot, who came out way back in wave 3, when the line was doing well and presumably being produced in decent numbers, and he's $75 or more any time I see him on ebay.

Is there something I don't know about that wave? Was he hugely short packed or something? Rowlf, the next highest priced guy in the wave, tends to be about half Zoot's price.

As it is, I've pretty well given up on having a complete Electric Mayhem, but I'm curious if any of you folks could shed some light on Zoot's apparent rarity.
  2. Walter

Walter Active Member

Hmm.. I too have heard Zoot was very rare..dunno why.. But I did here from Walter(in his 1/1 interview) that the Dr.Teeth steppin out variant is apparently EXTREMELY hard to find..dunno why either..He has zoot though:cool:

.. I wonder how hard it is to find Steppin out Zoot..lol
  3. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i think the main reason zoot and the rest of series 3 are rare because that series has the lowest production compared to the others thats why you see more newsmen on ebay than scooter
    jvcarroll likes this.
  4. Heli88

Heli88 New Member

Ah; lower production would explain it.

Still stinks, but it's nice to at least know why.
  5. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

The Dr. Teeth figure Walter was talking talking is a limited edition figure released as a Wizard World exclusive early in the life of the series.
  6. Michael Smith

Michael Smith New Member

I have an extra Dr. Teeh Wizard World Figure (the one that Walter needs) that I am looking to part ways with. It is still mint in box; great figure overall. I am willing to sell what I paid for it at $125 (plus shipping). There is less than 500 of these figures in the world with even less of them being still mint in box! If interested, let me know.
  7. pjtoadie

pjtoadie New Member

Yeah I was just looking on Ebay and there is a loose Zoot and the bid is up to $76 and the auction still has 2 days and 8 hours left.....wow! It's the yellow shirt one and that's the more common one? The repaint is the red-brown shirt, right? Ones that are mib are set at a buy it now price anywhere from $150-$329. So I'm a little confused I thought the repaints were more scarce and worth more? The yellow shirt Zoot figures are going for more than the repaint red-brown shirt ones. These Palisades figures are staring to confuse me haha.
  8. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Series 3 was very limited in production as well as series 9, figures from this series are rare.

I lucky have both verisons of Zoot, the yellow shirt one is loose and the red one is MIP. I'm the proud owner of all the Electric Mayhem figures (including Lips) all rocking together, I even have their repaints in MIB (well in the case of Animal, he's exclusive carded figure), minus another Lips in that case, sadly.
  9. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Yeah, the reason Zoot is expensive is because series 3 had the shortest series run out of them all, but Zoot is even rarer than Scooter, Tux Rowlf, Lew, and the Swedish Playset. I do wish I had Zoot, his sandy shirt looks so awesome...:cool:
  10. A big part of why they are so expensive is that basically, EB was the only place to get them (which, I believe, was part of why the production run was so small. Toys R Us stopped selling them after series 2 and Target STARTED selling them with series 5. Still have a few Zoots left...gotta dig them out if people are willing to pay THAT. Much for them...Oh and the Dr Teeth Wizard World was only sold at Phily Wizard World and was PRE-release. You were able to buy him or any of series 1 a couple of days before they hit the stores. Glad I never openned mine...
  11. meepmuppaphones

Aah... Only EB Games carried Series 3 and 4? Plus, did you say you have a FEW ZOOTS AND YOU'RE WILLING TO SELL THEM? Woah! Awesome!
  12. Oops...I mispoke...Target began with series 4... not 5. And yes...a few Zoots - original and repaint. If I remember correctly, the price for the regular maintained as much as the repaint because many people wanted to complete "the band". The repaint was only chased by people that already had the original where as the original was chased by everyone. Wish I could have gotten a Fraggle prototype... I WAS ripped off by OMGCFNO back in the day when they charged me for the Sesame Street figures when shipping the penguins, I believe, or maybe Uncle Deadly...anyway, they were supposed to credit me back...called multiple times...then they went bankrupt...hahahahaha. They sucked!! (not bitter though... :) )
  13. meepmuppaphones

Rut row... So, how many Zoot figs do you have, regular and variant?:cool:
  14. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I'd be interested in a red shirt Zoot if the price was reasonable instead of ridiculous, by which I mean the normal eBay prices.

By the way, if anyone out there has a BROKEN Zoot that they'd like to get rid of, I need parts from one.

Alex
  15. meepmuppaphones

I'm not that interested in the variant yet, so I'm interested in a Zoot THAT ISN'T INSANELY EXPENSIVE AND SHIPPING THAT ALSO ISN'T SOMETHING LIKE $50!:cool:
  16. I'll see if I can dig them out in the net few days...I used to work for EB and bought a lot of figures when they dropped prices...have 3 young kids though, so finding the time to dig and then see what they are actully going for MIGHT be a while... (I know I have at least 2 of each...)... I'm wouldn't be "giving" them away though...Im only going to sell them if worth the effort to ME. :)
  17. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I payed a little under $100 for my Zoot, yellow shirt and MOC. Kinda scary how I consider that to be a good deal >_>

It was great though, I saw it on eBay and it had a few days to go and I just put in a ridiculously high bid and said to myself "Well, THIS is what I'm willing to pay, and if I get outbid, more power to the seller" and I didn't get outbid.

My Palisades Muppet collection is definitley one of the crown jewels of all my collections.
  18. meepmuppaphones

I got a Zoot, MIB, regular (which seems to be rarer than the variant) from someone as a gift! YAY!:)
    rexcrk likes this.
  19. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I finally won a Zoot action figure on eBay around Christmas for $66 loose. So I guess I must have lucked out because like so many other mentioned on here, he is super expensive to buy. I'd love to have one on a card but I may have to wait awhile on that. I'm just glad I have a loose one to go with my Electric Mayhem set. :cool:
    rexcrk likes this.
  20. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Lucky.................................I don't have any figures of the Electric Mayhem or the Muppets.................:cry: