Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I've always imagined Skeeter as a regular cast of the Muppet Show. And I'd also imagine Jerry Nelson doing her voice so he could be part of the Muppet Babies as well.
Robin was on the Muppet Babies sometimes, and that is a Jerry Nelson character. Robin appeared as a little tadpole. I cant remember whether or not he could talk, but he was very cute. They had him in a small glass fish bowl and he came to visit the guys in the nursary once in a while.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The regular characters were Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Skeeter, Scooter, Rowlf, Animal, and Nanny. Bunson and Beaker showed up a bunch of times. Bean Bunny, Robin, [Uncle] Statler, [Uncle] Waldorf, and Janice also showed up on the show.

Nanny and Skeeter were the only chacters that did not have older puppet counter-parts.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I've always imagined Skeeter as a regular cast of the Muppet Show. And I'd also imagine Jerry Nelson doing her voice so he could be part of the Muppet Babies as well.
No way; Karen Prell would be a much better voice for Skeeter than Jerry. I envision an adult Skeeter sounding somewhat like Red Fraggle given their similar personalities.

-Kim

Dantecat

Reaction score
That's Right Disneys Muppets! Statler And Waldorf Appeared On Muppet Babies Too! But That Was Just Their Uncles! I Wonder Why????? :confused:

Lisa D

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
No way; Karen Prell would be a much better voice for Skeeter than Jerry. I envision an adult Skeeter sounding somewhat like Red Fraggle given their similar personalities.

Couldn't agree with you more. Red seems like a really good comparisson to Skeeter. :excited:
And way to give props to Karen Prell by the way. We all love the boys, but sometimes I think people need reminding about how good the girls really are.

Lisa

Beauregard

Reaction score
Bean was a regular, was he not? He's been in every episode I've seen so far.

I always thought Sam would make an excelent Muppet Baby

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
The regular characters were Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Skeeter, Scooter, Rowlf, Animal, and Nanny. Bunson and Beaker showed up a bunch of times. Bean Bunny, Robin, [Uncle] Statler, [Uncle] Waldorf, and Janice also showed up on the show.

Nanny and Skeeter were the only chacters that did not have older puppet counter-parts.
When did Janice ever appear on the show?

McFraggle

Reaction score
While I haven't seen it personally, she appeared in the later seasons around the early '90s. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Get ready, gonna blow you guys out of the water.

1 Bean Bunny did appear on Muppet Babies, wearing a darker jacket than his normal puppet version. He also had these clearly defined eyes, like Piggy's, not beady little eyes.
He appeared on the later seasons, once they switched to the newer intro segments.
2 Toddler Janice did appear in only one episode. This was an episode with Bean Bunny as well, who was recognized by Toddler Janice because they saw each other at the center she would go to. The plot of the episode was that Bean wanted someone to read him his favorite story, the tale of Peter Cottontail. Janice said that she could read, to which the others were a bit amazed. Naturally Piggy became jealous and pretended she could read as well, when she couldn't. The funny part was seeing Piggy and Janice battle it out between each other as Mother Rabbit in the fantasy segments of the episode.
3 Robin did appear from about the second season onwards. He appeared as a tadpole in his water-filled glass bowl. He had two forms of talking: baby gibberish to most everyone else, and a baby-sounding normal internal thought voice. Robin and Animal formed a cute duo in the later season episodes.
4 Statler and Waldorf appeared in the later seasons, in their adult form much like the Palisades figures. They were brought in as the babies' uncles, most probably to get these two recognizable characters into the show.
5 Camilla was a stuffed chicken in the regular segments, but she came alive in the fantasy segments.
6 Baby Skeeter. There have been puppet sightings of this character in Muppet Babies nursery rhyme books and/or calendars. There's also a sighting of her behind the stairs in the home movies segment of MFC, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.
Agree that Karen Prell would be a good choice to voice Skeeter in either baby or adult form.
Hope this helps and have a good day.