Why isn't the Muppet Show on TV?

hellisen

Reaction score
I'm amazed that the old Muppet Show episodes aren't on one of the 500 or so channels available? What's the reason? They're so awesome I have to believe they'd be very popular. I realize this is probably a silly newbie question in a forum like this, but hey, someone here must have a good answer.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hiya Hellisen!

Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!

First of all, there are no silly questions. Actually there are, but those are the ones we love!

The Muppet Show was on the Hallmark Channel up until about a year ago, but I don't think it's being broadcast anywhere at the moment. As to why....that's a tough ball to call. I really hope someday soon it turns up on something like TV Land--in the past it's been on Nickelodeon and a few other channels.

Really, I don't have any answer for you, except to say "yes, with 500 channels out there, The Muppet Show should really be on several of them."

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Welcome!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Gonzo

Reaction score
I!

Was!

Enthusiastic!

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm also very tired. So maybe I'm overcompensating. Elaine Benes would so break up with me.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

Gonzo

Reaction score
ngh.

(that better?)

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'd love to see the muppets put back on the air in canada, too...

oh well, that's what dvd's are for...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I think there is some issue as to who has the rights to air the program. I believe Hallmark still holds the rights to that and Fraggle Rock in the US, being they are rollovers from Odyssey's holdings on the shows. I don't know about contracts though, so I'm sure the rights can be sold off should anyone want to bid. And of course, in agreement...

WITH 500 FREAKIN' CHANNELS, WHY THE HECK DON'T I SEE MUPPETS?!?!?!?!?!?

:big_grin:

-Matt

bkrlovr

Reaction score
A few years ago (5 or so) The Muppet Show was on Nick, during the day no less. I was lucky enough to have a work schedule that allowed me to see it . I highly agree with you that it should be on! They should have an all Hensen channel. You know, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, Bear, etc. *sigh* Maybe some day.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by: bkrlovr
They should have an all Hensen channel. You know, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, Bear, etc. *sigh* Maybe some day.
If you check in the earliest MC News archieves, they had a lot of info on the now-defunct Kermit Channel. There was a Henson channel in store, it just didn't work out for the US. There was the Kermit channel in some foreign countries (which one I don't remember off-hand..), but that didn't last too long either. Check it out if your interested.

Oh, and welcome to MC!!! :big_grin:

-Matt