Why Just Elmo on Channel 4

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
Why Just Elmo Sesame

I have been meaning to ask this for a long time.

I saw Sesame Street about 6months or so ago. Its all changed what has happened to the Street all there was Elmo and a goldfish bowl.
When did they stop the street? And do any of the old Characters (Telly, Big Bird, Bert etc) ever come back?

I was heart broken not seeing the Street. As I was a child of the mid 80s and early 90s I was brought up on the Street. I use to watch it when it was on after lunch for an hour on C4 those were the day’s lol.

So why did it change? Why didn’t they think the format was working?

I hope someone can answer my questions
Many Thanks

PS

Bring Back The Street :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
It's sounds like you got the "Elmos World" segment as it's own show. We had a few episodes of this in Denmark a few years ago.

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
Just 2 confirm something i think it was on Five, not C4 where i saw Elmo sorry if i confused anyone.

So they still making proper SS episodes then?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, as proper as what definition?
The episodes still have a Street segment, though as of Season 33 it's all at the beginning or during the first half hour. Elmo's World was a segment added to the ending of episodes just before the Letter and Number of the Day around Season 30. Can't be sure of that since I only just started watching episodes again as of two seasons ago.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
*sigh* its like I said, First elmo is going to take over sesame street, who knows! THE WOLRD COULD BE NEXT!!! AHHHHHHH! :boo:

Censored

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
*sigh* its like I said, First elmo is going to take over sesame street, who knows! THE WOLRD COULD BE NEXT!!! AHHHHHHH! :boo:
Then we'll ALL be living in "Elmo's WORLD." :eek:

zanimum

Reaction score
Ananova claims that Five airs Elmo's World at 7:00 AM, described as "Fun and learning for youngsters, with the furry monster from Sesame Street." However, this hasn't been updated since December 16, 11:48 AM UTC.

See http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/tvnradio/ch5_8.htm

Family Channel in Canada once aired the program, it doesn't anymore.

As a side note, Treehouse TV in Canada once aired a show devoted exclusively to Sesame Street segments. I believe it was "Open Sesame", a show they air in many countries.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one thing I can say for it... Elmo's World should be it's own show. Seperate it completely from SS... I mean, what can PBS air instead? Those hasbeen Tellitubbies? Another by the numbers kiddy show? I feel that PBS should air another half hour devoted to SS, making Elmo's world it's own show, and giving the 15 minutes back to SS...

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
The one thing I can say for it... Elmo's World should be it's own show. Seperate it completely from SS... I mean, what can PBS air instead? Those hasbeen Tellitubbies? Another by the numbers kiddy show? I feel that PBS should air another half hour devoted to SS, making Elmo's world it's own show, and giving the 15 minutes back to SS...

what you talking about?! PBS has lots of other thing to offer! like Boobah... now thats what I call quality television..... :rolleyes: *scarcasm* or Teletubbies.... it just gets better! :rolleyes: