1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Why so few "smilies"?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BarbarianJ, Sep 25, 2005.

1. BarbarianJ

BarbarianJ Member

I was doing my first couple of posts just yesterday but I immediately noticed I'm not allowed to use a lot of smilies in the same post.
    Is there a good reason for that?
    I just wanted to give my trading list a bit of a good look by adding the character's smilies next to their item descriptions, and then an error message popped up saying I used too many "images". I thought that to be a bit ... well ... sad ... :o
    It's a shame, they're so good you can't use enough of them! ... :D :sing:

2. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

I noticed the same thing

When I was doing my thread about the time when the Muppets visited my house or rather invaded it I ran into the same problem. All my "friends" wanted to sign off at the end of one of the posts and well, they weren't allowed to do so. As a result Animal got mad and ate my keyboard. :halo:

3. Labyrinth Fairy

Labyrinth Fairy New Member

I don't think I have tried using a lot of smiles in this fourm because it really hasn't ever came to mind, but, I don't think it seems right either o.o'

4. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

It does get annoying sometimes, but it's for a reason. Imagine if everybody used a whole bunch of smilies in all their posts. It would take a lot longer for the pages to load. It's kind of like why there's a limit on signature size and avatar size. It can be a minor inconvenience, but it's really better in the long run.

5. BarbarianJ

BarbarianJ Member

Owww ... I know the issue of smilie overkill all too well, having been a forum mod myself, so I can see that point.
    Still, I was gonna add just 5 or 6 icons in that post, so that was not yet too exaggerated, I think. As for the loading time, that shouldn't be a big issue. Them smilies are hardly 500 bytes ... they won't take that much loading time ... :concern:

6. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Yeah, but somebody's gotta draw the line somewhere. I think the limit used to be five. It's three now. Why the change? Who knows. All I know is that when you get right down to it, three smilies per post is usually more than enough. At least I've been managing pretty well. :)

7. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

Ok I get your point

I think that makes sense as to why you have to put a limit on the number of :) 's per post, however I am still :mad: .

Sorry guys Miss Piggy came over to apologize to my wife for flirting with me BTW it's my sixth anniversary. :excited:

8. Labyrinth Fairy

Labyrinth Fairy New Member

LOL!
    happy anniversary! hope you and your wife have a nice one!

9. 3 smileys??? I could understand 5 but 3 per post?? I have a really slow computer at times (I had to take off my cute Elmo screensaver and bg's caz of it)