Why the Elton John Muppet show is my favorite

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
The Elton John episode of the muppet show is in my opinion the best. He jokes were great, the numbers were awesome, and he honestly performed better than ever. His voice was so perfect. He is also my hero, and I started to be a fan after that episode. I love the bennie and the jets number. What do you think?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Love Kermit and Elton's go-fer conversation. Though still unclear as to why Scooter thought Elton would want to hear one of his own songs, lol.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Possibly for the same reason I showed Kathy Mullen my Mokey puppet at last year's Dragon*Con. Fans can be dorky that way.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Hahaha maybe. I thought it was a great way to set up the song though. that's the best part of the whole thing. Too great of an episode. I just can't get over how amazing his voice was on that episode. I don't know if I've ever heard someone better live. It's insane

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Love Kermit and Elton's go-fer conversation. Though still unclear as to why Scooter thought Elton would want to hear one of his own songs, lol.
I've always understood that to be ignorance on the part of Scooter- i.e. I think maybe he heard it on the radio or something and didn't realize that it was actually an Elton John song...:wink:

los

Reaction score
What I don't get is the joke " look like a stolen car" phrase. That's the episode my daughter enjoys the most too.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
What I don't get is the joke " look like a stolen car" phrase. That's the episode my daughter enjoys the most too.
I never got that joke either. I think sam the eagle was just so mad that he was ranting about nothing.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've always understood that to be ignorance on the part of Scooter- i.e. I think maybe he heard it on the radio or something and didn't realize that it was actually an Elton John song...:wink:
After reviewing that scene, I don't think so. Scooter showed no surprise at hearing that it was one of Elton's songs, and neither did any of the others who sang it. Kermit was the only one who acted as if it was a surprise. I think that Scooter was just showing off, displaying more enthusiasm than talent at that point.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Agreed. That's what I usually take it as. Kermit was seen as the idiot for not knowing