Why the Wait on First Mate Piggy?

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
Today I got Series 3 Rowlf & Lew Zealand! I was so thrilled!

On the back, as with each wave, advertises the next coming wave(ie Wave 4). With Link, Rizzo, Sam, & Dr. Strangepork is First Mate Piggy. Why is she being included w/ Wave 4 when we won't see her til Wave 6?

Are she and the Swinetrek being bumped up?

If not, why the 6 month delay between Series 4 and its playset?

Anybody able to shed some light on this?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally the Piggy figure was going to come with the Swinetrek in series 4. However, during the past few months according to Ken the playset schedule has changed with two playsets per year. Unfortunately that also meant that the Swinetrek and First Mate Piggy was delayed too until next fall. She will see the light of day. Just be patient.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact she's being retooled all the time. In a constant state of improvement, I suppose.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I think it's more the paint apps than the tooling that's being worked on, but not 100% sure

Kye

Reaction score
I have heard a rumor that they are experimenting with real hair for Piggy. Does this mean that there will not be a series 4 playset??

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All reports from Ken are that First Mate Piggy's hair will be plastic similar to the EB Games exclusive. The figure will be coming with the playset. That shouldn't change since the design and sculpting for the Swinetrek is being finalized.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
however, there are now only 2 playsets for the year.

so yeah, series 4 doesn't have one. I think it'll be th Ktichen in series 3.5 (more or less) and the swine trek in series 5.5 (or so)

if that makes any sense.

There's also reporter kermit with a koozebane base, which is almost like a playset, but not...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope they can make a re-make of Link in regular clothes, too.

WiGgY

Reaction score
At the Palisades board someone Misfityoy (I think) made a cunstom piggy with much better hair color and Ken said he would talk to JHC about changing the hair from yellow to a more realistic color. So I'm glad Fm Piggy is on hold, it gives Ken time to get the new hiar color approved and stuff.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
actually im kinda relieved that the SwineTrek playset isnt coming out WITH series 4 but being held back a little.

this makes it easier for me to not spend a TON of money all at once :big_grin: :big_grin: ahaha i can buy Link & Strangepork and then relax until the Piggy Playset arrives...thus making it so i dont have to spastically HUNT all 3 items down all at once.